• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro (2022) Started Going Extremely Slow Over Night

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing videos on my 2019 MacBook pro no problem since I got the laptop. About a week ago Premiere Pro started going exceptionally slow, lagging when items are dragged into the timeline, effects take forever to be dragged over to a clip, playback is stuttering, etc etc....

My laptop is an I9 processor with 32 gb of ram (IE pleanty fast enough). I edit 4k footage but always keep it in 1/8 for playback. This change did not come with a new update or download. I have done absolutely everything I can think of to fix the issue, including completely reformating my computer. Does anyone know what happened and how I can fix it?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your other apps running fine? You might want to go through Adobe help and see if you can have a tech evaluate your computer to see if there's some gunk in the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through them and they couldn't help. The issue seems super subjective but I went from editing multiple layers of 4k footage with alot of effects to struggling to do a 45 second social media clip over night.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to update to MacOS 12.2 or 12.2.1 recently? Premiere is running awful on latest MacOS. Stay on MacOS 12.1 until Adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn’t when it started to act up but one of the first "fixes" I tried was updating everything. Stupid move in retrospect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god someone has finally described exactly what I've been experiencing! The lag happened out of nowhere and Premiere Pro has been basically unusable since, can't drag anything, add effects or graphics, adjust clip size/position, etc.. I talked to customer care today and none of their tips on fixing it worked. Might've happened to us at the same time because it was working fine until maybe late January/early February. Like the other commenter said it could be a glitch with the latest MacOS maybe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same for me, and it sounds like I have the exact same model MacBook as well. Super frustrating. I'm also running the latest Mac OS. Best work around I've found is save and restart. Usually works fine in bursts before it starts to suck again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. 2019 macbook pro maxed out in every respect (64gb ram,

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9)

It was absolutely fine on pp 2020 - didn't even need to proxy most of the time, even with 4k 10 bit footage. Now its as sluggish as anything even when I proxy. The timeline is ok if you scroll over it or press play (especially when proxied). However the problem is if you do a series of quick cuts, the whole system gets very sluggish & it's horrible to work with. I can see that it chews up my memory, and at it's worst will cause my computer to flash up a 'you've run out of memory' message. 

Rendering seems to be a bit quicker, but it prefer a system which performed faster and rendered slower. Always happy to take a tea break. 

I use after effects a great deal as well & the performance on this is greatly improved compared to old AE versions. In summary new premiere is absolutely terrible, after effects is pretty good. 

upgraded to the latest version of Monteray as I thought this might be the problem. It's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It was fine few weeks ago until the lates update. I was able to the work by making the adobe premier window smaller. I hope they can fix it though. Not fun to work in smaller screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Premiere and everything is laggin for me as well. I had zero issues before the update. I have tried Cache, resetting, using high quality playback etc. Nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has gone really wrong with one of the latest updates. Didn't have any problem editing 4K 120fps before and suddenly I can't even preview the clips any more and trying to apply warp stabilizer to a few second nested clip will take up to 10 minutes. Reverted back to 22.0 and it works fine. Really looking for a solution to this, eager to use all the new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just started happening to me last week (mid June 2022).  I'm on a PC.  The menus often don't load - just blank white.  Autosave sometimes hangs the computer.  And it literally takes 3-4 seconds to select something!  I've got a deadline.  I don't know what to do.  I went back 2 updates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines