Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Adobe Premiere Pro 2023” is damaged and can't be opened

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to open Premiere Pro 2023 from the Creative Cloud but I'm just getting the following message:Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 4.38.16 PM.png

Does anyone have any insights on what to do? I can't even move it to the bin as it tells me I have to manually move it to the bin,

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms vis

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I didn't see this message in time and so cannot test it, but I did manage to solve the issue after seeing from a web search a page that said that the message doesn't mean the the app is actually damaged and could be a security issue.

So I went to Privacy & Security and I found there one of those messages you get when installing certain software about something being blocked from doing something to the system and you need to manually go into System Settings to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @stephaniev4823882,

Do you have Camtasia intalled? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acabo de comprar una Mac Mini M2 Pro con 36 GB en ram y 4TB de espacio, instale el Premiere Pro y no me deja abrirlo, me sale un mensaje que esta dañado el programa, ya desinstale todos los plugins que tenia y volvi a intalar el Premiere y no funciono, Instale la version Beta, esta si dejo instalar y abre pero cuando quiero importar clips de video de una camara Sony se cierra el programa, ya probe lo mismo en Davinci Resolve y en este no hay ningun problema, lo malo es que yo trabajo con ecosistema de adobe, ya no se que hacer, estoy perdiendo mucho tiempo y por ende dinero al tratar de ver cual es el problema y no hay ninguna solucion, creo que es tiempo de migrar.

Muy frustranteScreenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.31.54.pngScreenshot 2023-06-09 at 16.55.01.pngScreenshot 2023-06-09 at 16.55.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephaniev4823882,

It has to do with your System Preferences/Settings under Privacy and Security. See this response: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-premiere-pro-2023-is-damaged-and-can-t...

I'll move your post there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say FORTUNATELY you didn't see the reply. Had you not checked Privacy & Settings a lot of us would be going through a heap of a mess of installing everything and reinstalling, where this was "nearly" a one click fix. Thank you so much! I never received any dialog box either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU x2!! I had the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE ANSWER.  I had also gfone to CC and uninstalled and re-installed.  did nothing.  went to system prefs, found the alert, cliked "open anyway" and off to the races I went...  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thank you! I hate the suggestions to "uninstall and install everything". Lazy answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS Worked perfectly. I went from pure panic to instant relief!! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the old version works however when i update again it has the same issue. I guess I'll have to just use the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Running Ventura 13.0. Downloaded Pr version 23.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. I had to restart twice, but it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything on this list, including installing/uninstalling, and checking to make sure all permissions were granted in privacy and security.. Ultimately, the thing that got the app to open was going to Finder, right-clicking on the app, and selecting 'open'. When it went to open, a message popped up saying something about the developer not being verified, etc. Just clicked 'open' again and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@msg_ 

that was your mac's security feature blocking it from opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgente!!!! Premiere dejó de funcionar y al reinstalarlo da mensaje de error!!! Tengo un MacBook Pro con Ventura 13.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the error, @Olman-CL. That would be very helpful to the troubleshooting process.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo error, solo me trabaja la version beta y esta se cierra con algunos proyectos con videos a 10 bits, es una pesadilla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem mit AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool gelöst

Clean up Selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Settings > Privacy & Security and scroll to security;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After attempting to launch the app, go to System Preference / Privacy & Security / there should be a messege there saying the app was blocked from opening and you can select open anyways...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer for me is found in GFX5D67 reply. All i needed to do was to go into settings > Prvacy & Security and allow Premiere pro to "open anyway".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hatte das gleiche Problem unter MacOs 13.7 Ventura mit der Premiere Pro 2024.1

Nachdem ich mit dem CSCleanerTool alles runtergeschmissen habe konnte ich Premiere 2024.1 neu installieren.

Jetzt läufts.

LG - Nico 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines