• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 22.3 crashing constantly

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an Adobe Premiere user for 25 years, since 1997. Just did the updated to 22.3 and now Premiere crashes randomly all the time. 

Please don't release this kind of b^llsh*t. Some of us make our living at this and it's embarassing to sit in an edit suite with clients and have to back-date install Adobe. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

This.  for the love all that's good.  never had problems until now.  latest mac os, latest premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

They're both tools, but the time you've learnt getting accustomed to them and the experience you have with them allows you to fix your rates (unless you're one of those "pay by the hour" kind of person). We do NOT have time to lose when our experience has been built and secured, with software details and bugs that impact our passion for our job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your system specs ?  CPU . RAM , GPU . SSD  . MAC . Window ?

which Premiere version you were using before updating to 22.3 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC - i7 processor, Nvidia RT1070 - 64 gig of RAM and SSD for main drive using Premiere Pro vers 22.2

Not that any of that is relevant since it was working flawlessly up until the moment I did the latest update.

How can something go so terribly wrong with a .1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This.  for the love all that's good.  never had problems until now.  latest mac os, latest premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to add to my comment, I'm having to restart premiere so that it recognizes adjustment layers and imported stills so that I can drag them to the timeline.  Then it'll work for 15 minutes and crash.  I'm saving every 2 minutes now cause I've lost so much edited footage.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back a version. Never again doing an update until other people beta test it, which should be done before it's released to the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you'll need to go back to 22.2. For some of us, 22.3 screams but for others, it doesn't.

Easy fix ... go back to 22.2. You won't lose anything, except frustration.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did.

I plan on learning DaVinci Resolve this summer through and through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part, I installed the previous version.  But then realized I was working with Frame.io comments, so i reinstalled the latest version without opening anything, and it seems to be more stable for the past hour at least.  I still can't drag and drop new adjustment layers into my timeline though.  

at least now I'm not losing work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the pain. Been there done that. That said ...

First, as another user, NO software built to do all workflows across all systems for all media and hardware can ever be without bugs. Premiere isn't, nor is Resolve, now that they've gone the all-in to compete on all-everything all the time. And yes, I work in Resolve daily, and am on the BlackMagic forums also. And see the bugs/crashes/unfixed item discussions there also.

Second, never assume that because something doesn't work on your system it doesn't on others. The vast majority of both Premiere and Resolve users are working away happily on the latest release. And for both apps, some have to do annoying workarounds, some are hammered and have to go back to a previous release.

Third ... wow ... personally, I wouldn't have a client-attended session unless I was quite comfortable with the app involved with their media and project. I am a contributing author over at MixingLight.com, a pro colorists teaching site. And that is something so stressed over there, to primarily Resolve users. When you have a client attended session coming up, do NOT change your OS, your Resolve, your GPU drivers, nothing.

Wait until you have a few days, then upload a new version and run it through the wringer before having clients in. Saves your sanity and reputation.

And finally ... the 22.3 version of Premiere is the fastest, slickest one I've ever used on both my Acer laptop and my Ryzen 3960X desktop. Playback with multiple layers of BRAW and Red better than I've ever had before.

Yea, that's how different the performance can be. Tanks on your rig, screams on others. And yea, that is frustrating. And at this point, expected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until this point, I have never once had to embarass myself with Premiere Pro in front of a client.

My goal this summer is to learn DaVinci Resolve. After 25 years of loyalty to Adobe, they are not so great these days. Not at all. Especially at the price point. I got 4 installs of DaVinci for free with my cameras, time to start using them.

As I already stated, Adobe was screaming and working great for me.... until this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a MAC and it keep crashing on start up. The application doesn't even start and it was working perfectly before the update. 

I am stuck between a project which was due yesterday and i can't start is back up after it crashed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to switch to DR? Do you think that DR is a perfect tool for video editing?

I'm using DR too, but most of my works on PP.

Pp and DR are just tools. Use what works for you. Just go back to 22.2 and your problem solved.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're both tools, but the time you've learnt getting accustomed to them and the experience you have with them allows you to fix your rates (unless you're one of those "pay by the hour" kind of person). We do NOT have time to lose when our experience has been built and secured, with software details and bugs that impact our passion for our job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines