Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 22.0 crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need Adobe Premiere Pro for school (I have a licence through my school), but it doesn't work.

I have a brand new laptop:

• Nom de l'appareil DESKTOP-xxxxxxx
    Processeur 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz 2.61 GHz
    Mémoire RAM installée 8,00 Go (7,74 Go utilisable)
    Type du système Système d’exploitation 64 bits, processeur x64

I run Win10 Family (up to date).:

• Édition Windows 10 Famille
    Version 20H2
    Installé le ‎10/‎10/‎2021
    Build du système d’exploitation 19042.1288
    Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

I face crach issues with Premiere Pro v22 (fresh install: I even retried uninstalling/re-installing) : after some usage (a few minutes only), the video rendering comes black and audio stops. If I double click on a source video, it doesn't show. I can't close the project nor exit Pro : if I click on quit or close the project, I see the warning ("do you want to save or not") , I can click on "no save", the message window disapperas, but then nothing happens. 

Looking at the windows system view, I see that Pro keeps using 22% of CPU and 1.2GB of RAM, with 3 subprocesses the Pro Logo stating "not responding" with 22% CPU and 2 "adobe DVA 2022" with 0% CPU.

What can I do ? 

I saw a CC Log collector does exist (I saw this: How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool (adobe.com) ) Would it be of any help for the technical support team ?

br,

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Let's start with these rebooting steps

Preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Media Cache: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Let me know if this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for these suggestions, but problem still occurs. Now, even after restarting Premiere Pro, I have ni video playback at all and if I try to close the project, PP hangs up (I can't stop other than by using task manager or double clicking on the cross ("close program") which then suggests to force the closure.

Any thing else I could try ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphics card does the laptop have?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The GPU is INtel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics. It says 0.6/3.9GB memory used, version directX  12(FL 12.1) and version 27.20.100.9749.

I have one SSD drive, currently 278GB free among 458GB total capacity. So PP is installed on this drive a swell as everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating the graphics driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We never heard back from you, Flavie. If you're still facing the issue and need assistance, send me a private message. Let's lock this post for now.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines