Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro can't interact with Windows Explorer

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I've got my new PC an since I use it in my daily business I have the problem, that after a while when Premiere should open a Windows Explorer window, it doesn't recognize anymore. So I have to close the program via task manager and reopen it again. That could be a little bit annoying, if you work with Premiere the whole day. Does anyone have the same problems? I never had such problems in my old configuration.

My PC Configuration:

Intel Core i7 12700K

ASUS TUF RTX 3070

ASUS PRIME Z690 Mainbord

Samsung SSD 980 Pro M2

1x HDD Western Digital 4TB via SATA

1x SSD Samsung 1 TB via SATA

32GB RAM

750W Power Supply
Windows 10 Pro

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...after a while when Premiere should open a Windows Explorer window, it doesn't recognize anymore.

ASUS PRIME Z690 Mainbord

By @erikr58765191

Long shot: Have you installed the Chipset Drivers and SATA Drivers for the motherboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I installed the latest Chipset and SATA Drivers during Setup Process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I installed the latest Chipset and SATA Drivers during Setup Process.

By @erikr58765191

• Has this been an issue since day one or has it ever worked on your new PC?
  • You wrote "...after a while when Premiere should open a Windows Explorer window". Does that mean when you go to File > Export to bring ut the Import dialog?
  • In Premiere Pro, go to Windows > Media Browser and try to import media from there. Does it work or do you face the same/similar issue.
  • Regarding the 1x HDD Western Digital 4TB, is that the drive that shows up and the drive you import from.

If using the 1x HDD Western Digital 4TB as s source drive i have seen similar issues when the Power Options is set to let´s say Power Saver rather than High Performance. Make sure that the HDD is not allowed to spin down after a couple of minutes since it can cause issues like this when the HDD spins up.

Also worth trying:

Solved: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere ... - Adobe Support Community - 8236158

Averdahl_0-1653747252555.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I think that it worked before I installed the new GPU. Because the RTX was delivered later. I testet it before.
  • It lacks after a while working in premiere. I often used the Strg + I Shortcut to import material. But in export dialog it also lacks. I can't specify after how much time. Sometimes I working without using Strg + I. Sometimes it works correctly and sometimes premiere crashes.
  • Whem I import from Media Browser I doesn't get such problems.

The hard drive setting in energy options was set to 20 minutes. I set it now to 0. I'll give it a try and wirte a comment if it has worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • I think that it worked before I installed the new GPU. Because the RTX was delivered later. I testet it before.

By @erikr58765191

What old GPU did you have? Intel, AMD or Nvidia?

If you had an AMD GPU left overs from their drivers can cause issues so some kind of driver cleaner may be needed. I am not an AMD guy so i don´t know if this is the right tool for the job: AMD Cleanup Utility to Remove AMD Driver Files

It can be a good idea to do a clean install of the latest Nvidia Studio Driver 512.96. Choose Custom during the installation and make sure to check "Perform a clean installation".

Averdahl_0-1653915277862.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May thank you for your ideas, but nothing can't help. The problem is still annoying me. Have you other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines