• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 Unusuable - Crash

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just updated to Premier Pro CC 2014.2, and it's unusuable.

Drivers all updated, Windows 7 Pro. Intel Core i7 8GB Ram 64 bit

Application crashes within usually 1-2 minutes of launch at random moments:

Import transparent PNG 900px wide - instant crash

Import non transparent PNG similar size - no instant crash, can add transitions, but crashes within 2 mins

Import video sequence - instant crash on preview in media browser

Create colour matte - instant crash

Examples as follows:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.2.0.65, time stamp: 0x5486db4a

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000004

Faulting process id: 0x1ff8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0297d48ce56a9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.2.0.65, time stamp: 0x5486db4a

Faulting module name: igdrcl64.dll, version: 10.18.10.3960, time stamp: 0x54299cb8

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x00000000000b7a16

Faulting process id: 0x83c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0297bd75304ee

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\igdrcl64.dll

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Yes, you need to roll back AME as well to avoid codec issues, etc.  When you roll back/update, check and make sure that your project and format file type associations are correct -especially when having more than one version of the software installed. 

Adobe recently added the cuda dll to the 2014.2 install, (I assume to provide global support across the board).  You'll have to address specific settings in the Nvidia control for the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used to transcode everything to cineform up to CS4, before it became troublesome and slow. It still makes sense to trans-code to all media to a single format at ingest to keep edit sessions fast and seamless, while PPro can work with mixed formats, things can get rather sketchy as you've found out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the recommendation. This is after the roll back to 8.0 and upgrade to 8.1...

Still no joy - added a transparent png, created a colour matte, CRASH

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.1.0.81, time stamp: 0x5426694c

Faulting module name: MXF_SDK_GenericContainer_AES3_4.4.33_vs10.dll, version: 4.4.33.0, time stamp: 0x534d77a8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000016ae

Faulting process id: 0x19ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d02a1965cd8a54

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\MXF_SDK_GenericContainer_AES3_4.4.33_vs10.dll

Report Id: d1d1bbe1-960c-11e4-9a23-0050b668a91c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you roll back all the associated apps, AE, AME, and SG, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use After Effects and Speed Grade so they're not installed.

Media Encoder was not rolled back, maybe I'll try that.

Currently I'm back to PP 8.0 again and it's working fine - apart from the fact that I can't access any projects that were created in 8.1...

Maybe I'll try rolling ME back to 8.0 and then forward to 8.1, then rolling PP forward to 8.1 again

What a fiasco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need to roll back AME as well to avoid codec issues, etc.  When you roll back/update, check and make sure that your project and format file type associations are correct -especially when having more than one version of the software installed. 

Adobe recently added the cuda dll to the 2014.2 install, (I assume to provide global support across the board).  You'll have to address specific settings in the Nvidia control for the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. After installing 2014.2 and having issues IMMEDIATELY I can add to the pool of bad vibes here for the .2 update.

Running an AMDFX9590, Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 Mobo with a gtx 960 GPU and 16gb of Corasair Vengeance RAM.

After reinstalling Windows 7 after a rebuild, when on to install al my CC apps and installed the 2014.2 update and that essentially killed Premiere for me. Couldn't even go for about 2 or 2 minutes without it crashing and closing down. Tearing my hair out thinking I must have got something wrong with my OS install or something along those lines.

Reverted to 2014.1 and seems to work perfectly again. Been running heavy editing and rendering tests and so far I've gone about 2 hours with it being rock solid stable.

Nightmare. But at least all is good with 2014.1!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested new PP 2015 with cineform footage timeline.

Problem is still here - few actions or clicks cause PP to crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is still there.

Someone posted info that "shared Plugins Cineform directory" is a source of trouble. And "doing something with it" it solves the problem.

But it probably means that you have to remove old legacy cineform codec and use new, premiere pro native cineform codec. If so, you have to transcode every video encoded in old cineform into the "new" cineform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay - Arkkotangens  and Nick

Try to move Cineform folder from Program files/Adobe/Common/7.0/Mediacore. Just move it to different location.

And now try it.

I did it and it solved problem. I am just testing what I broke by this move.

It's not my research - it's from this subject: Premiere crashes when minimized

Hope it works without side effects and solves the GPU/cineform problem forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines