• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro Extreme Lag

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This week, Adobe Premiere has been acting up on me. There are extreme delays whenever I try dragging the timeline, accessing effects, basically doing anything. I uninstalled and re-installed the app numerous times, I tweaked the settings based on articles I read. I opened up my computer and cleaned it for dust. I checked for updates. I did everything possible, and it still lags.

My computer is an AMD Ryzen 3 with 250 GB of memory and an 8TB harddrive. I'm working on a documentary that I plan on having out by Monday, but if the problem persists, I may have to rethink my plans.

TL, DR: Adobe Premiere suffers from a bad case of lag/delay. I tried everything possible, still doesn't run right. How do I fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your footage on this 8TB harddrive? How is this drive connected to your PC?

If you placed a couple of clips on your local drive, like your desktop, then import those into Premiere, do you get better performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage is on the harddrive. I save all my work on the harddrive and the apps/Creative Cloud are on the system memory. The drive is connected correctly. My computer is up to date and everything works fine, even the other Adobe apps I have downloaded work fine, it's just Premiere that's acting up.

I am currently installing an older version of Premiere to see if it fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of drive is this? SSD or HDD? Connected via Thunderbolt/USB-C/USB-A? If you have a slow drive and/or a slow connection, Premiere performance will suffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines