• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere pro Freezes When I Alt+Tab (WIndows 11)

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey first time creating a post here! Hopfully I can have some help cause this problem is waisting me a LOOOT of time.

Title says it all: Everytime I switch between Premiere pro and anything else! (Opra, File explores, video player, ect) The main viewfinder would take about 10-30 seconds to start playing my project.

And for the Life of me I cannot figure it out. At first I thought it was my system ram. I used to have it maxed out at 8 gigs at all times but now that Im at 32gb and not even getting 40% full I know that is not the issue, The only thing I can pin point on what is causing the problem is that this has never ever happened to me until I "Upgraded" to windows 11, and since then I have been having this problem.

I do notice that every time I alt tab, the ram usage to pr drops significantly (Currently dropping from 5.8gbs, straight down to 2.3gbs. So I can only assume that it is a new ram saving feature that windows 11 is implementing and I cannot find any setting around windows 11 to disable it. Could realy be lent a hand here, Thank you So much In advanced.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you on the latest Premiere Pro update?

did you reset the preferences?

is this happening on old projects only? what if you start a fresh new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Am on the most recent premiere pro update.

I tried reseting my preferences, No effect

And no. This continuesly works on projects before I upgraded to windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated, still freezing on alt tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

I've already done a lot of the things they say to do: update Nvidia driver, downgrade the driver, reset Premiere settings, clear cache, uninstall Premiere, downgrade Premiere, disable hardware accelerated GPU scheduling. None of this solves it.

My computer remains the same as before when this problem did not occur. I did several jobs and this problem did not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved the problem by downgrading from version 24 to 23 of Premiere. Version 24, when handling large files, uses the SSD very heavily every minute, which causes it to freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines