Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe premiere pro keeps muting audio

Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe premiere pro 2020 keeps randomly muting the audio at some point, it might mute the entire clip or just a part of it, it doesn't just click the mute button it just mutes the audio, it shows a straight line as the audio, sometimes it also desyncs the audio too, but that happens less often.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust the latency in the Preferences/Audio Hardware.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this bug all the time. If you have added Audio Level keyframes somewhere in the middle of a clip (say, to duck down a loud word or a loud breathe noise), then you HAVE to add a keyframe at the first frame of that clip. Otherwise, it may appear to be okay during an editing session, but if you close and reopen the project and play, the audio will drop down at the start of that clip and ramp up slowly. If you immediately render, before checking, it will be like that in the final render too. So before I render now, I scan the timeline to check that there is an initial audio keyframe. Be sure to enable Show Audio Keyframes in the timeline's tools (left side) so that you don't need the Effects panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's turned on and there are no keyframes, it mutes the audio immediately after I put the clip in adobe premiere, and It mutes random parts of it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. I have six audio tracks. I play the audio and mute one of the tracks while listening, unmute it and stop. I go to the next set of clips. When I play I find that the unmuted track is muted again. Sometimes it unmutes when it should be muted.

If I stop and unmute again it stays unmuted. All my audio automation settings are set to off in the mixer.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue, and I found the problem was with the "MUTE keyframe settings".  When you double click on the track and hit the little circle, instead of selecting volume, try mute.  It gave me a bunch of muted keys that I hadn't put in there.  Just deleted them and it worked fine after that.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had similar bug as well (2021). The only way I figured out for myself to solve this bug is by adding a new audio track, copied the audio files that has been effected by the bug and paste all the files in the new added audio track where I had no random muted parts anyomre. If someone knows a better way to solve the bug, please share. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently experienced an issue like this. I hope what I did to fix may help anyone experiencing the same. What I did was to move to entire audio clip(s) on the track onto a new track and delete the track that was affected. (For example, is Audio Track 1 is affected, delete that track and then Track 2 becomes the new Track 1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit: I think this issue can be mainly due to if you're toggling mute on the audio track mixer rather than on the audio clip mixer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines