• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe premiere pro V22.2.1 not compatible with RTX 5000 NVIDIA

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you help me because my RTX 5000 graphics card is not compatible with Premiere pro 22.2.1
My card and software are up to date.

This card was compatible before the new version of premiere.pro, could you solve this very annoying problem!

Thank you

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updates often have more demanding requrements and sometimes you either have to update your hardware or continue working in the previous version.    What exactly happens when you try and work in Premiere with the current card?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, are you updating the GPU driver directly from the Nvidia Web site? Or are you just using Microsoft Windows Update to do this?

If the latter (simply using Windows Update), then you will get a very old driver version, version 456.71 (or one based on the version 450 driver branch). Premiere Pro 22 now requires a driver version higher than 470.xx in order to be deemed "compatible." The latest driver version for the Quadro RTX 5000 is now version 511.09.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, my version is: 511.09-quadro-rtx Update directly with the Nvidia site. Updated with the "Studio" version

I can't use coding with "Material option"

See attached photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check your export settings. 2-pass VBR is currently not supported at all with hardware encoding. Only 1-pass VBR is. And CBR may or may not work with hardware encoding. So, if you intend to you export using 2-pass VBR, then only software encoding is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed...

I find this completely abnormal, the VBR 2 pass requires much more resources, for a better quality. So we are stuck. On the other hand for VBR 1 passes in a lower quality we propose the GPU to you... not logical.

On older versions, the GPU was available in 2 passes.

It went to Off depending on the profile: Main or Superior.

Update, but we're regressing...

Thank you for your answers.

Effectivement... 

Je trouve cela complètement anormal, le VBR 2 passe requiere justement beaucoup plus ressources, pour une meilleur quatlié. Donc nous sommes bridé. En revanche pour VBR 1 passe dans une qualité moindre on vous propose le GPU...pas logique.

Sur les anciennes version, le GPU était disponible en 2 passes.

Il passait sur Off selon le profil : Principal ou Superieur.

Mise à jour, mais on régresse...

Merci de vos réponses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not for me. Hardware encoding never worked at all for me with 2-pass VBR regardless of which version of Premiere Pro I used. For me, 2-pass VBR always locked the encoder to software encoding with absolutely no indication or warning at all regardless of the Premiere Pro version.

This test is simple to check. If it takes well over twice as long to export using 2-pass VBR than using 1-pass VBR at the same bit rate setting, then there's your answer: The export defauted to software encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines