Adobe Premiere Pro - Volume Editing with headphones or speakers?

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing a short film on adobe premiere pro using headphones. Dialogue I try to hit -2 through -9 db range.  Music would be below -20db.

On headphones, my audio sounds perfect (Dialogue, background noise, and music are all on point). But Everything is significantly low when I switch from headphones to my laptop speakers. The speakers on the laptop are nothing to brag about, but watching clips online I had no problem with volume on them.

Does anyone ever come across this issue? Is there a preference for headphones or speakers when editing?

I'm starting to believe that you use headphones for dialogue and use the open speakers when you need to add background noises (music, people, etc).  

Any feedback on this because it's pretty frustrating.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What model of laptop do you have, and more importantly do you have a separate volume control or amplifer for your headphones? Your headphone audio may be getting boosted. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines