• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere spacebar stop and start lags

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe Premire 2023 running on a dedicated HPZ8 Windows PC with Nvidia Quadro5000 GPU and 192 gigs of Ram. I am constanly havving issues (i think are related to the Nvidia GPU) with playing and stopping playback on the timeline. I happens after about 5 minuutes of editing. The cursor continues to move even after hitting spacebar. This is most frustrating as I have spen hours reinstalling premiere, resetting windows rolling back Nvidia drivers, trying different keyboards... and the list goes on and on. 

I have also had toplevel Adobe support and they can't seem to find the iussues. I have read on these forums that this is an ongoing bug with Adobe Premeire and Nvidia Graphics.

I am seriously considering a different video editing proigram and possibly migrating to a Mac.

I spent two hours today with adobe chat support and did everything suggested: resetting preferences, clearing caches, rolling back Nvidia drivers. Support told me they are looking for perfect Nvidia driver but haven't found it yet...

I primarily edit long form concert multicam video projects (typically two cameras) using MOV footage recorded on Atomos Ninjas.

Looking for ideas and suggestions on how to solve this issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the beta there are bugs regarding multicam fixed. We already tested them after we had a talk with engineers of Adobe. It looks like they work. (Again no audio meters in the timeline Audio header, thats fixed too soon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 23.2 and this has been happening for me since 23 was released. I'm on an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 24 core 3.00GHz with 64 GB of ram, and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060. To be clear, on this exact same station for two years I've been able to edit 5+ cameras 1080 or 4K in multicam to the beat of a music track. Then this update and even two cameras, prores lt proxies 720p at 1/4 quality playback and the multicam timeline will continue to playback despite using the spacebar to pause. The lag is immense, sometimes playing through the entire timeline before I can control Premiere again. If anyone has any more ideas let me know, I appreciate your dilligent testing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind what I had originally stated in this post. The thread starter has a Quadro P5000, which is of the Pascal architecture that has not aged well for CUDA apps. In fact, it is almost as sluggish with CUDA apps as an entry-level T-series Nvidia Workstation GPU such as a T1000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest update from my end...

I was also having audio pops and crackles running Audition on this machine (Needed to correct a music track and EQ it).

The HP has latest non-beta version of Premiere.

It also has a sound blaster ASIO/MME audio card (We needed an optical input for a preamp output). I updated the sound card drivers, chose MME instead of ASIO and set it to "direct out" bypassing all of the sound blaster "audio enhancement settings". 

I edited a 60 minute multicam prject today with no issues. I also had no more issues with Audition...

I'm wondering if the there is some wierd relationship between the NVIDIA card, CUDA, and the ASIO audio.

Note, we have a Mac Studio Ultra coming to replace the aging HP...

Maybe the HP knows it's destined for the boneyard and is playing nice for a change...

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines