• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premire Pro 2019: Default Transition Unavailable

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using and learning Premire Pro for a few years, and I've encountered a problem that I've seen no one talk about online. At some point a few months ago, I unknowingly set my default transition (The basic fade in effect) to additive dissolve which isn't what I want. I went into my transition librbary and clicked on the square to unset it and tried to find the simple fade in effect which I believe is the cross disolve transition, but it when I playback the video, it doesn't transition with the simple fade I always had as my right click transition. I went through every single transition in my library and none of them is the transition I want. I've been trying to deal with this since and now I can't take it anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated, and let me know if I need to elaborate on things.

(P.S. I'm using Premire Pro 2020 in case that has something to do with it_

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Don,

Here's what I think was happening in your search. I had a similar issue recently. You immediately found what you were looking for, the cross dissolve, but thought it was not working because your two clips were one clip razored into two parts.

If you had 2 different clips with no handles (even the same clip, but the start of the second instance placed at the end), you'd get a warning about no handles.

But when you razor a clip, the first part has, as "handles," all the second part. And

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Composite in linear color in the sequence settings.
Also, if there is a red line above the timeline, try pressing Enter to render the timeline and turn the red line above the timeline to green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the late reply, I did as you said, but no luck unfortuneatley, and the line is all yellow currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Warp Stabilizer or Time Remapping applied to either clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through most of what you suggested, haven't updated the graphics driver or checking warp stabilizer yet, but the cross dissolve transition still doesn't work as intended when I tried everything else. However I found out that the cross dissolve does work if it's at the start or an end of a clip, it's just that it doen't work between two clips which is what I need. Thanks for helping by the way! I very much appreciate it even if the issue isn't corrected yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does not work, post screenshots transition in effect controls and 

timeline

guessing yoy do not have sufficient handels on both clips .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gif I recorded shows the issue I'm having. Notice how I added the cross dissolve transition on the two clips, yet no transition is being played in the video. The timeline is simply the mp4. file sepeated into two clips for the transition, no other edits made

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many frames were cut from the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None, the cut goes right to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None, the cut goes right to it.

By @Don29431766o1gt

Since you said:

" The timeline is simply the mp4. file sepeated into two clips for the transition"

then you need to cut frames from both clips to create handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

Here's what I think was happening in your search. I had a similar issue recently. You immediately found what you were looking for, the cross dissolve, but thought it was not working because your two clips were one clip razored into two parts.

If you had 2 different clips with no handles (even the same clip, but the start of the second instance placed at the end), you'd get a warning about no handles.

But when you razor a clip, the first part has, as "handles," all the second part. And the second part has handles before it. So you get no warning, the transition looks okay on the timeline, but....  You see no transition because the before and after are identical. The frame from clip 1 that is being transitioned to the frame in clip 2 are identical.

As you later said, it was working for a fade in/fade out - if placed at the beginning of a clip or the end. And you would have seen that it was working in between clips if they had not had identical content because they were razored.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply again, but it finally worked! I made a copy of the first clip to give it handles and once I added the cross disolve effect, the two clips finally have transitioned smoothly! I've never even heard about handles until today! Thank you all for helping me! Here's hoping that other people who have the same issue as I did find this discussion board!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is what I said: no handles.

clip handles.png

And when posting a screenshot about transitions in the effect controls. Post the entire panel, especially the right side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines