Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe QT32 Server CC 2014.2 has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently editing a somewhat large project and each time I open up Premiere, I received "Adobe QT32 Server CC 2014.2 has stopped working." error and my MOV files are unable to be opened.

There are some periods where I have been able to edit and pull up my footage, but only if I reinstall Premiere CC and QT and restart. It's quite frustrating to do this each time that I want to open up my project.

I have tried this with other projects and sometimes I can move about the program without this crash, but ultimately it always crashes with this error.

I have reinstalled the current edition of QT along with the 7.6 version.

Below is the problem signature.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe QT32 Server.exe

Application Version: 8.2.0.65

Application Timestamp: 5486d9b1

Fault Module Name: QuickTime.qts

Fault Module Version: 7.60.92.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 49628b19

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0011ccda

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0eb3

Additional Information 2: 0eb300edab0b3bb7170b6f05e1d50974

Additional Information 3: b701

Additional Information 4: b701eb8d98f2e3b983853bf6f8c81b43

Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed,

As per the last conversation and the notes the call was scheduled for Monday. But to proceed, we have sent you the troubleshooting steps to work on it.

-Manish Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rep who called me, Rameez, told me he'd have a co-worker call me at 6pm, because I was not at my desk when he called. Regardless, I appreciate the gentleman calling me from home. That was a kind gesture.

However, I've installed both Cinemartin Plin as well as legacy Miraizan ProRes Codecs. I can confirm that these are enabled through quicktime because the option to export to ProRes 444 is enabled.

My files have come back online due to the codecs installed, however the QT32 error is instantaneous. So, I have a project that I can not playback nor render to export in Premiere.

Why won't Adobe come out and say that ProRes isn't supported because, last check on the compatibility list, it is supported for import (which is fine for my needs, at this point I could export it to an mpeg for all I care)

If the native QT decoder is causing this many issues, then it's clearly not supported. 

At this point, I don't know what to do to salvage my project. I've tried to process an AAF so I can export to Avid MC but it hangs and hits me with the QT32 Error. I've spent weeks inside premiere with this project, I really just need an exit strategy at this point and be done with it.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update:

So, by a process of reinstalling and uninstalling PP and QT a few times, I got my project to load without a crash. I was able to do an entire transcode of the project to DNXHD.

Funny thing is, as soon as I fired up the new project that was created from the external MXF files, I got hit with the QT32 Server Error and some of my files are offline and report the "generic importer error" when I attempt to re-link (from the folder that PP created during the transcode)

I don't think this is related to a ProRes issue anymore... Something sure is broken though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another curious thing happens, when I install just QT and remove all DNXHD codecs (from Avid) my transcoded project comes online but crashes shortly after with "QT 32 Server Has Stopped Working." error.

However, when I install DNXHD codecs, random parts of my transcoded project go offline and I can't re-link due to "generic import error". This doesn't make any sense because the entire project has been transcoded to the exact same codec and is in the same exact folder that Premiere created. 1 entire sequence in 1 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed,

As per our conversation, please transcode the files and let me know if they work or not.

Thank you for the continuous update on the issue.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too am having that repeated error. Yesterday I did a Windows update (I'm on Windows 7) and wonder if that caused it. I know there used to be all kinds of problems with After Effects and this QuickTime rubbish, and I'm fairly sure that AE's reliance on QuickTime was removed completely. I also thought that Premiere worked on the same video processing as AE, and also no longer relied on the antiquated QuickTime server nonsense.

I am editing a few QuickTime movies which were rendered from AE as ProRes 422. The largest is about 1.1GB, the other three are less than 45MB each. So nowhere near the 4GB limit that may or may not exist.

I have the Miraizon ProRes codec installed, which, up until today, has worked flawlessly: Miraizon DNxHD and ProRes Codecs Overview

I was hoping to find an easy solution on this page, but it looks like repeated re-installs and system restarts are the way forward .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, can you open Quick time player ?

also check this video, How to fix "Apple Application Support" error - YouTube

Its troubleshooting for sony vegas pro not supporting quicktime

but might just work for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing problems with large prores files in MXF wrappers that we have received from content providers (large known international providers) for broadcast.

These are files where a 40 min TV show is close to 60-70gb, where we need to bring it into adobe premiere to overlay a quicktime animation file with hardcoded subtitles for export to another broadcast format. The process has been tedious with adobe premiere pro, where adobe QT32 will crash all the time when trying to import the MXF files.

It's very random as Adobe Premiere will sometimes refuse to import the file. Sometimes it will import okay but make Adobe QT32 crash when put into a timeline and scrolled. Sometimes it will import, edit and then export just fine. This is all the same file. We've tried importing from SSD discs, external disks, network SAN etc. The problem is that when it works there is no way for us to tell why it worked. Because in another instance, replicating the workflow will make PP crash with adobeqt32 fail.

We are very confident and sure that quicktime or the adobeqt32 process is to blame for this. All other large files from different cameras and other file formats from content providers work just fine. Large prores files in an MXF wrapper seems to doom Adobe Premiere on PC's (win 10 64bit).

We're now requesting Mpeg 2 HD files from the content providers, and another problem arises (ofcourse) with no audio on import. (We rename the files to avi and that seems to be the solution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I fixed the issue using this: Re: Adobe QT32 Server CC 2014.2 has stopped working  and this: Re: Adobe QT32 Server CC 2014.2 has stopped working

I am getting this error when I close PP CC 2015.4

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe QT32 Server.exe

Application Version: 10.4.0.30

Application Timestamp: 579b08fe

Fault Module Name: QuickTime.qts_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5668a2c5

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 667bcd89

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kept having the same problem. I tried Vinay's recommendation about removing Quick Time then reinstalling it. Still the same problem... Then I read the Quick Time download page, and it states that Quick Time is no longer needed or supported by many windows programs and browsers.... soooo... on a whim, I uninstalled Quick Time completely from my computer, went to the Windows directory referenced by Vinay in his post and made sure all the Quick Time files were deleted... then I rebooted my computer. I never installed Quick Time back on my computer. My problem has been resolved. I no longer get the error messages in any of my Adobe applications.

Hope you have the same luck.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines