Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced danger stripes problem

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I was byusy working on a wedding on my iMac. Since I'm currently not working from home, I have to work on my 2021 Macbook Pro. The project was on my Samsung T5 when I was working on the iMac and when I opened it on my Macbook, I had danger stripes on a 1 hour 30 min clip. of the ceremony. I already tried "reveal in project" and "replace clip from bin" multiple times but that didn't solve my problem. When I re-open my project on my iMac everything is just fine. I also tried to "make offline" and "re-link", I tried re-linking it to a different location. None of that worked. I keep getting this problem over and over. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Première pro is on the exact same version on my iMac as on my Macbook. Same hard drive, same location, ... I don't understand it!

Is there anyone that can help me out?

Seppe

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of these things described in this FAQ. None of them worked. The thing is that I didn't move the clips from one harddrive to another. When I was editing on the iMac I was using the same harddrive (Samsung T5) as when I am editing on my Macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please answer the following in a systematic fashion.   Not doubting your thoroughness or level of expertise, just seen way too many posts here where people cherrypick the questions they decide to answer which can make troubleshooting near impossible...  

Does the camera original complete when you open it in quicktime player?  what happens if you reimport the clip into premiere?  Is it complete?  Are both computers running the same OS?  What codec (compressor) is the camera original?   and does the frame rate match that of the sequence?   Wondering if there's something wonky in the file allocation table at the OS level. But, I'd backup the drive using something like carboncopycloner before doing any of the following..Might try running diskutility:  first aid on the drive...  If you have DiskWarrior running that might help.  It's saved my life a few times...    Sounds like you probably shot this.  ALWAYS a good idea to backup your media as every drive (even an ssd) will fail... it's not a question of "if" its of "when"

What happens if you transcode to a different codec like a robust format like prores (HQ)?  You should be able to unlink from the original file and relink to the transcoded file...    And just remembering that I recently saw this problem on a 2 camera shoot a few months ago where the camera original was .mxf...  Things got wonky on one clip on one camera.  I transcoded that clip to prores and relinked to it and all was well... even the multicamera material..

This is the kind of problem I can usually figure out how to workaround...  (not bragging, ok, maybe a little bit, but been doing this since the early days of NLE on Avid, FCP1-7...). If by somechance you're in the New York City area, happy for you to drop by the edit room with your macbookpro...  and if not, maybe a zoom session...  You can send me a message directly by clicking on my username at the beginning of any of my posts...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines