Advanced Metadata Support / Workflows - Premiere Productions

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adobe family,

Got a bit of a question and feature request wrapped up in to one. Currently deploying Adobe Premiere Productions w/ Lucid Link for a unscripted tv series, and it's been absolutely fantastic so far. However, the production just pivoted to an archival heavy workflow. This means tons and tons of archival that needs to be searchable by metadata. We're getting lots of request to add in metadata columns after ingest, which is productions seems to be a no no based on the initial documentation.

My Questions are:

1. Is there a way to safely edit/add XMP metadata (or any metadata) in a premiere production AFTER Ingest (assume media has been deployed in multiple projects within the production). I think this is rhetorical (no), but curious if anyone has found any workflows for this.

2. Any idea on Premiere's roadmap to add more support on productions in the future, specific to XMP or adding metadata in the future?

Was really excited to run premiere productions on this show, but this archival pivot is really showing it's weakness vs other collaborative NLE's. Hoping to find a workflow that doesn't require us spending hours to replace previous clips just becase a metadta column was missing.

Yes I could just tell production/story to not add any more metadata, but for this exercise let's assume I can't for now.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This needs more help from the development staff, really. Let's see if @mattchristensen might pop in for a bit of help.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines