Copied

Need help cleaning this audio

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

I don't have any specific videos, but here's a short article explaining what's happening: https://steinberg.help/wavelab_elements/v9.5/en/wavelab/topics/audio_files_editing/zero_crossing_c.html 

The problem is that Premiere operates in frames, not samples, and a frame is much, much longer than a single sample of audio. You can click the hamburger menu of your sequence and enable "Show Audio Time Units" which will allow you to adjust your audio on a more precision level. 

But if all you're doin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should change the name of the video, this is an open forum that minors might use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it to a friend who is more familiar with this sort of thing then me. Unfortuante i forgot to change the name of the audio. But still, i need an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also i cannot see an edit or delete button, so altering the file name wont be happening right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed your file and re-uploaded it with the one from your fourth post. Please don't create yet another post.

Could you please be specific with what your issue is? What do you feel is messed up with this clip? I hear a click in between the two edits which means you didn't create your edit on a zero crossing (feel free to look this up). This is hard to do in Premiere and is more easily done in a dedicated audio editing program like Audition, but aside from the click, the two parts of the audio sound identical. People on these forums are happy to help, but you can't be so vague with what your issue is. As you say, you're new to this, so I'm sure you've already encountered how technical, detailed, and nuanced audio and video production are. Saying you want it "cleaned up" doesn't give us any clues about what you're looking to do. Compared to a lot of bad audio on the internet, this sounds pretty good to me. There isn't much, if any background noise and your levels are balanced. So the only issue I'm hearing is the click, which can be fixed by increasing your edits by a frame or two on either side of the edit so you get a cleaner cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers man apprecaite it! A 10 min clip, of which the above was a short extraction, was sent to me to practise with. Are there any videos on this particular problem and how to solve it? And again, i appreciate the reply! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any specific videos, but here's a short article explaining what's happening: https://steinberg.help/wavelab_elements/v9.5/en/wavelab/topics/audio_files_editing/zero_crossing_c.h... 

The problem is that Premiere operates in frames, not samples, and a frame is much, much longer than a single sample of audio. You can click the hamburger menu of your sequence and enable "Show Audio Time Units" which will allow you to adjust your audio on a more precision level. 

But if all you're doing is editing audio and not video, then Audition is a more appropriate program since its toolset is dedicated to audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legend! Appreciated man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines