• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Dynamic Link: Use Background Footage as reference only?

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I often need a background as reference-only in AE. Is there a way to create an AE comp from Premiere where the background footage/plate is seperate from the comp in Premiere but you can still see it in AE?

Essentially, I'm looking for seperate control over graphics and background in Premiere after round-tripping from AE.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers, Ben

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, what I would do would be to shy out (or hide) the reference background layer in AE when you no longer need it, and it will not show up in the dynamically linked asset in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you duplicate the background in Premiere on to say V2 with the original on V1, send V2 to AFX and in AFX delete the bg before returning it to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gerikp Essentially, after AE round-tripping, I don't want the background video layer 'trapped' in the AE comp in Premiere. 

@Richard M Knight Yes, duplicating layers in Premiere before creating the comp, then hiding them in AE before saving back seems to be the best way.

Cheers, Guys - much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you enable Guide Layer in After Effects, it will show in After Effects but not in Premiere Pro.

WarrenHeaton_0-1661142705740.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines