• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

aecap file still dependent on files from AE project?

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a AEcap file with lower third template, but when I tried using this in a production today, I got a color-bar-image with filename.psd displaying in the corner instead of the actual graphics. I thought the whole point of exporting the aecap file was that you no longer was dependent on the graphics files in the AE project. Is this not the case?

When trying to open the aecap file in AE I got an error message dialogue box (forgot to screen shot this). It seems as if this was released a little too soon?

Kind regards,

Kjetil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Hi Kjetil,

Thank you for the detailed report.  You have indeed come across a bug that occurs with AME in some cases.   We are working on getting this fix delivered in a public update.   Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure this had nothing to do with the .psd I am using, I quick exported a couple of the elements as png and deleted all of my psd graphics from the sequence in AE. Exported a new aecap. Used this in PP and exported to AME. The encoding process won't start, it just says "ready" in the status bar even though i've pressed play.

back in PP, the png files have gone color bar.

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 12.32.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re:  Test file

In this case, if you restart Pr the color bars should go away.

The offline footage in Pr is also a result of the same core issue we have discussed when exporting to AME.  (that's what caused it)

Please export directly from Pr (not through AME) as a temporary workaround until we can address this with a public patch.

Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are looking forward to making these fixes available to the public when they are ready.

Thank you,

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping in on this conversation as i'm still a little confused...

Are AECAP files supposed to contain all the external assets used to create it (i.e. graphics, audio, video etc)?

Because it seems when you open an AECAP file in AE if you reveal source media in explorer it's stored in your CACHE folder

If you delete that cache folder you lose your source media and your assets appear offline - i thought that was the whole point of AECAP files?

Now Adobe has upgraded everything and you can no longer create AECAP f(Live Text Templates) files. Now you ned to create Motion Graphics Templates (MOGRT) files if you want to access them in PP. But can anyone confirm whether these files will contain all the assets within them or whether you need to export with your assets like you would if sharing an standard AE (AEP) project file?

That would kind of defeat the purpose IMHO but that's what it seems like

Thanks

F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are AECAP files supposed to contain all the external assets used to create it (i.e. graphics, audio, video etc)?

that's right. and as of 14.2 this feature is no longer available.

If you delete that cache folder you lose your source media and your assets appear offline - i thought that was the whole point of AECAP files?

I can't speak for the engineering team and all I know is from trial and error, but you are not supposed to open the aep file in Ae (it appears to be some sort of hack because in the help files it states that aecap cannot be edited after the fact) so anything that happens after that is a guess. maybe the cache file is created upon importing the file to premiere. not quite sure. 

can anyone confirm whether these files will contain all the assets within them or whether you need to export with your assets like you would if sharing an standard AE (AEP) project file?

the contain the assets, they are capsules of the whole media same as aecap used to be. but not free of other issues: Re: Breaking My Tools. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines