• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After a recent windows 10 update Mercury Transmit full screen monitor playback stutters and tears

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows 10 video workstation recently did a windows update (Basic stuff, security, net framework, etc).

Before this update, everything was working fine with no issues. The machine is used only for video work (Premieere, AE, Photoshop).

First problem was Premiere had a major crash due to the Nvidia driver not being compatible with the windows update. Fixed that by updating Nvidia Quadro card drivers.

Now the second monitor is showing stuttering  or tearing video on playback. I have tried all of the typical fixes including updating Nvidia drivers, updating driveers for my sound card and main monitor, trashing Premiere preferences, updating display drivers, removing the Realtek aduio device I don't use, trying different playback speeds, connecting a different monitor as the second display, etc. to no avail.

The video playsback in the program monitor screen is fine.

Playing a video in the second monitor with windows media player works fine.

This is a monster HP Z8 workstation with 64 Gigs of ram and 16Gigs of GPU ram on an Nvidia Quadro Card (Cuda) so I don't think it is a computer hardware issue.

This concerns me as the full screen merccury transmit monitor  is the one the client sees. So glitches tears and stutteers are not acceptable.

I have heard rumblings that there are issues with mercury transmit... I am goiojng to confirm that it is a mercury transmit issue!!!

I verified this by running Sony Catylyst Browse with dual windows and the full screen playback window played with no issues.

I have not tried to roll back the windows update, but that is going to be my next step.

Thanks in advance for any help in solving this issue.

Steve S.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Whilst I have a different hardware setup I have this problem as well.

See my post back in July 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/second-monitor-video-output-minor-ripple-eff...

This was back on 14.9

Now - I had version 13.1.5  of PPro on my PC so tried that - and the distortion went away

There is some bug somewhere to do with Mercury Transmit I am convined - but tracking it down is tricky.

I'm still getting it on 22.1.3 but slightly less.

The effect is exactly as you say - break up on panning. You notice it most if say a post or telegraph poll is in shot it just chops up?.

I did tests on a completely different hardware setup and still had the same problem.

As my orignal post said - the only variable was the Premiere Pro SW version.

I posted this on user voice too but never got to the bottom of it.

I'm on the very latest Windows 10 64 Bit OS and ;atest NVidia Studio driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update

Just spotted EvanL's post. Tried the 3D settings in NVidia Control Panel and bingo it helps a lot. Thanks

However, I would not say it is 100% perfect. The video does not appear totally smooth and does exhibit a very very slight stutter.

I can put up with that for now.

Thanks for the post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines