• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After a recent windows 10 update Mercury Transmit full screen monitor playback stutters and tears

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows 10 video workstation recently did a windows update (Basic stuff, security, net framework, etc).

Before this update, everything was working fine with no issues. The machine is used only for video work (Premieere, AE, Photoshop).

First problem was Premiere had a major crash due to the Nvidia driver not being compatible with the windows update. Fixed that by updating Nvidia Quadro card drivers.

Now the second monitor is showing stuttering  or tearing video on playback. I have tried all of the typical fixes including updating Nvidia drivers, updating driveers for my sound card and main monitor, trashing Premiere preferences, updating display drivers, removing the Realtek aduio device I don't use, trying different playback speeds, connecting a different monitor as the second display, etc. to no avail.

The video playsback in the program monitor screen is fine.

Playing a video in the second monitor with windows media player works fine.

This is a monster HP Z8 workstation with 64 Gigs of ram and 16Gigs of GPU ram on an Nvidia Quadro Card (Cuda) so I don't think it is a computer hardware issue.

This concerns me as the full screen merccury transmit monitor  is the one the client sees. So glitches tears and stutteers are not acceptable.

I have heard rumblings that there are issues with mercury transmit... I am goiojng to confirm that it is a mercury transmit issue!!!

I verified this by running Sony Catylyst Browse with dual windows and the full screen playback window played with no issues.

I have not tried to roll back the windows update, but that is going to be my next step.

Thanks in advance for any help in solving this issue.

Steve S.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a recent Windows update without issues for Transmit Out. The first release of Premiere 2013 had issues both in Premiere and AfterEffects but that was fixed with a patch a bit back that fixed the issue for most users. Then a second patch seems to have handled things for most users.

And yes, I had the problem as well.

I would guess that something in the way Windows updated broke some registry file or something in your rig. So I would use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to both uninstall Premiere and do the cleanup of all the bits these Adobe apps strew around a computer.

Reboot, and download/install a fresh copy of Premiere, see if that fixes this.

I'm on my phone or I'd give the link but it's an easy search.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Premier, and reinstalled it both before and after using the Cleaner. Do I need to uninstall the entire Creative Cloud suite that deals with video? After running the cleaner and reinstalling Premiere, I noticed it still remebered my preferences. So I'm wondering if I did not do a clean install.

Thanks for your quick response.

Ss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed that if a static image is on the screen there is no tearing/glitching. If the image (even a pan on a still) moves, I see the tearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is still going on after using the CC Cleaner Tool, wow ... somehow Windows is interfering with the signal through Transmit out it seems, but ... what process? Why?

I know with the Cleaner's instructions, they say to uninstall first via the CC Desktop app, but in my experience that's not good. I always do the complete job with the Cleaner, it's ... cleaner. Ha.

But still ... this is puzzling.

Just out of curiosity, which Quadro does your beast have? Sounds like quite a rig.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I may have used the cleaner tool incorrectly becasue premiere still remembered my settings when I restarted it after reinstalling the application.

I might just clean all of the adobe apps and completely reinstall them.

I did notice the refresh rate for the second monitor is only 30Hz. (The main display is 60). the second monitor (a 50" Samsung 4K UHD TV) is connected via HDMI through a display port to HDMI adapter.. Im wondering if this is a limitation of my TV?

I have an Nvidia Quadro 5000 card with 16 Gigs of GPU ram. four Displayport outputs. The Machine is an HP Z8 workstation with 64 gigs of ram.

C: drive is 500 Gig HP turbo PCI card, App drive is a 1 TB HP turbo card, cache files are on a separate 1 TB SSD from the data drives.

The beast is only used for video, aftereffects, photoshop and adobe captivate for creating interactive training modules.

This glitching/tearing issue has only just started to happen. And when I run my sony Catlyst app with both monitors it plays fine.

I'm preplexed on this one...

Thanks again for any ideas.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally I've had to use the CC Cleaner in succesion. Once with a SpeedGrade issue, I used it after uninstalling Sg with the CC app. Then reinstalled, same issue. Uninstalled with CC app, ran CC Cleaner, which said ... no Sg existed to clean up.

Reinstalled Sg (issue persisting), ran CC Cleaner without uninstalling Sg first. As the Klingons would say, kapla!

I've also once had to do the CC cleaner uninstall/cleanup, install Premiere ... um, no. Still bad. Use the CC cleaner again, reboot, reinstall, all good. Why? Dunno.

That conversion adapter may be the issue if the Windows change modified the internal driver system used. I've known a couple colorists who had an OS update that shut down parts of their extensive and expensive video out cards and devices until they were able to get it sorted. NOT something one looks forward to!

Is there anyway to temp hook up a monitor that has Displayport inputs? That would give some indication if the signal is getting clean out of the card.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

I pulled a 4K computer diplay from my audio workstation and connected it to my video card with Display Port.

Disconnected the Display port to HDMI adapter and connected the monitor with a Display Port cable.

Nvidia control panel sees the new monitor and its refresh rate is 60 Hz.

I am still getting the glitching/tearing.

Now i am even more preplexed...

I am going to have to try running the Cleaner app again.

FYI, Windows is running the version 1903... I was a late adopter of it on my video machine.

But it was running okay until this weekend.

Thanks again for your advice and expertise.

This is one of those frustrating problems to figure out...

I attached a video clip from my phone of the monitor glitching....

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new forum software can be frustrating. If you just click the "reply" button you get a dialog that ONLY takes one line, and if you hit the Enter/carriage return key, it Posts the reply. Which is why I almost always use the blue Reply button clear at the top of the thread.

Not particularly handy ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all sucks, so sorry you're getting hit with this.

I'm on Win10 18362 currently. Wonder what would happen if I updated it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil...

I am new to the forums, but you have been very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather have been able to help solve this ... ! But oh well. We'll keep trying.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can edit without any issues. Playback is fine on the “program monitor”. The issue appears to be related to mercury transmit. 

Once I get my current project completed I might use CC cleaner to clean out all adobe video related  areas and reinstall the software. 

Thanks again for your help and support. 

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I think I just replied to myself using my work adobe ID. 

This is my studio one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ain't modern life grand? Which ID do I need at the moment ... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digging into this a bit more, I find that when I play a clip from the "source" window, it plays back fine on the mercury transmit monitor. But, when I play back from the timeline, I get the tearing, etc. on the mercury transmit monitor. 

I have updated the Nvidia graphics drivers to the most recent with no avial. 

Any ideas?

Thanks all for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update... after more investigation, I found that is is also tearing/brreaking up when source monitor content is played.

so, I am back to square 1. I think it is a mercury transmit issue.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... wish I could get you past this. But I have no clue what's gotten screwed up in your system. Which is so painful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I wrap the two projects underway, I am going to runn CC clearer on the entire Adobe setup, reload the apps and start fresh.

See what happens.

open to any suggestions...

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SSavanyu-Mac

I'm having the same issue. Windows 10.  Nvidia Quadro card (P5000). HP Z Workstation. Current version of Premiere Pro. Current NVidia Driver.  I have a large 4K TV as the second display hung up high on the wall for clients and the screen tearing with Playback with Mercury Transmit makes it unsuable.  Did you ever find a solution or open a support case with ADobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes, and post back with whatever results you get!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with the same issue. It is definitly something with Mercury Transmit. Da Vinci Resolve works fine, and both AE and Premiere have the same issue, even if I switch preview monitors. I've updated to windows 11 and updated Nvidia drivers.

I have this since I updated to Adobe 2021 and have reinstalled it once already. I've seen this occur in other pc's with tottaly different setups. It's very frustrating and I've editing in Resolve because of this.  However I can't really ditch AE. 

Has anyone had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe @Wes Howell might catch a ping and drop in.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I've finally found more people with this issue! And thank you so much @SSavanyu-Mac for posting the phone video to show the issue.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel i9-9900K 8-core 5.0GHz

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Motherboard

64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 32MHz

RTX 2080 Black Edition (8GB VRAM)

I've been having this exact same issue for over a year. It's been so frustrating having to explain to clients in a professional edit suite why their video looks like glitchy garbage and that they need to just trust me that it is not baked into the video. It has hurt my credibility more than once.

I echo the other people in this forum as to the issues they are having and the solutions they have tried.

I have a working theory that it is GPU-related (I have had nothing but underwhelming performance and frustrating issues from my RTX 2080 since I got it in 2019), but I have no data to back that up. And considering this issue was not present for the first 18 months of using this machine, I'm less and less inclined to believe it is a hardware issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, an answer I found in a different forum (https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/screen-tearing-vsync-issues-in-premiere-time...) solved it for me!

Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Adobe Premiere Pro > Vertical Sync and change the setting from 'Use the 3D application Settings' to 'On.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines