• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After export : video at half speed, audio still at normal speed.

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I never had a problem with the settings I was using before(I think they were default) , and I may have accidentally switched a export setting.

So I was editing my podcast in Premiere Pro , and finished up and the playback looked perfect . So I went to export it , and when it had finished up I noticed The video was going at half speed and the audio was at normal (1.00x) I tried tweaking a bunch of settings (like frame rate) and kind of got close but I could never line it up. It would always exponentially distance throughout the runtime. I've now done 20 podcasts now , without a problem like this and could never figure out where I went wrong. The only thing I could think of is that the audio and video are at different hertz. Audio being at 44100 and video at 48000. But it's always been that difference , I would just go in and rate stretch it before making edits so the video and audio align. I'm not having this problem in playback, it's only after export. 

I appreciate any help , this would mean a ton to me if we can get this figured out. Btw I'm not an expert with premiere pro so I would appreciate any help navigating pathways and step by step, how to find settings. If you need any info (I.e clip details, export settings, preferences, etc.) id be more than willing, I'll try to get back to your message asap. Below are two videos, one of playback , and one exported and then played in windows media player

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

I've read about this happening to someone else here too, can't remember where though... here or Reddit....not sure. Heck for all I know that was you too haha.

Either way, are you exporting H.264? If so, and if you're using Hardware Encoding, try Software Encoding instead to see if that helps. Or, perhaps trying exporting a copy in ProRes or DNx and see if the issue persists. May be an issue with the H.264 encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read about this happening to someone else here too, can't remember where though... here or Reddit....not sure. Heck for all I know that was you too haha.

Either way, are you exporting H.264? If so, and if you're using Hardware Encoding, try Software Encoding instead to see if that helps. Or, perhaps trying exporting a copy in ProRes or DNx and see if the issue persists. May be an issue with the H.264 encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had the same problem and changing it to software encoding worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to let you know this post has helped me immensely! I have been struggling with this export problem for months with so much wasted time... Just came across your advise and tried it, finally found the solution thanks to you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone help out with this? I had the same problem but in my case Software Enconding didn't work. In fact I wasn't even able to use Hardware enconding because it said "Your system hardware does not support hardware acceleration". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines