• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After transferring the video to the timeline with the overwrite button, the timeline remains in the

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the overwrite button, the timeline remains in the black frame. Previously, when I transferred a video to the timeline, it stayed on the video frame. now it stays on black screen and i can't work comfortably.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Mehmet.

Sorry for the frustration.

As far as I can tell, what you are seeing is normal. I am not sure why you would see a video frame if you assembled a sequence of clips one after another.

If you see a frame of video and then overwrite, you would be cutting the last frame of the video clip you are viewing which is incorrect.

To unlock this mystery, zoom in to the playhead to see that the playhead has both a head and a tail. It should make sense once you closely inspect it. To the right of the tail is that black frame where you will place your next clip or fade to black. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I watch the image in the source part, determine the beginning and end and put it on the timeline, I should see the last frame of the video I transferred in the program monitor part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not really the case, because the playhead is going to be ready for you to insert the next video clip. So after you've done your insert/overwrite shortcut the playhead is sitting at the first blank frame after the clip you've just added to the timeline. Otherwise when you insert/overwrite the next clip you'd be chopping the last frame off your clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines