Exit

AI file in AE becomes pixelated in Premiere pro

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem. 

I have a drawing in illustrator, lines drawn with the pen tool, that i have imported in after effects. Here it looks fine. The drawing is the size in illustrator as i am using it in after effects, so i am not scaling it. 
But when i use the after effects file in premiere pro, it becomes super pixelated and wird. 

Why is that?! 

TOPICS
Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried importing an Ae file that contains an Illustrator file and it works without problems. What's the resolution of your Composition in Ae and your Sequence in Pr?

If you can, post screenshots of your workspace in Ae including Ai's layer properties in the timeline, and your workspace in Pr including settings of the imported comp in the Effect controls panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a drawing in illustrator, lines drawn with the pen tool, that i have imported in after effects. Here it looks fine. The drawing is the size in illustrator as i am using it in after effects, so i am not scaling it. 
But when i use the after effects file in premiere pro, it becomes super pixelated and wird. 

Why is that?! 

By @Nadja22765661wv1b

Premiere Pro rasterize the illustrator file upon import while After Effects does not. Premiere Pro has always treated Illustrator files bad so the thumb of rule is to avoid using them in Premiere Pro if possible. After Effects on the other hand is superiour when it comes to Illustrator files as you have noted.

I always recommend using After Effects if using Illustrator files and render out the animation as a ProRes file and use that in Premiere Pro. If it´s not an animation, File > Export > Export As and saving it as a .PSD file in Illustrator may do the trick. Cumbersome in some situations though.

Averdahl_0-1667822782191.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines