Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alarm sound on completed render?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Anyone know how to get an alarm sound on a completed render in PP - like in After Effects?

Please please. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

If you are using File > Export > Media, then open Adobe Media Encoder and go to Media Encoder Preferences and make sure Play chime when finished encoding is checked on:

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 3.24.35 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render as in preview (no sound) or export which does give a chime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann! I've been going to Export Settings, choosing my settings, then I just hit Export. I never hear a chime on completion. Looked in preferences... no idea what I'm missing. Volume is way up. Ha. Any further thoughts?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using File > Export > Media, then open Adobe Media Encoder and go to Media Encoder Preferences and make sure Play chime when finished encoding is checked on:

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 3.24.35 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only get the notice when using Queue (Adobe Media Encoder).  You won't be notified when hitting Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that I found this, and while I appreciate there's a way to get a chime using Media Encoder, it's really strange that something as simple as a chime to notify you when your movie has finished exporting IN Premiere Pro should be something automatically set up in the default settings.

I mean who wants to babysit their computer, constantly checking on it to see if the cake is baked, so to speak?

After Effects has a chime to let you know when the project has rendered, why not in PrPro?

In fact, EVERY time that I get a CC survey and I'm asked if I have any suggestions, THAT'S the one I bring up. Gimme a chime, dammit! Why is this so difficult to grasp Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines