• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alexa Footage Imported with AUTO LUT. Alexa Mini embed LUT can't be deleted.

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working with Alexa Mini footage, and by default the footage has LUT applied to it once imported. I have tried "Disable Masterclip Effects", disable Lumetri Color(Both on Master and single clip), follow the correct answer from this post(Set the LUT to something else and then NONE):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-2015-how-to-remove-auto-lut-from-multiple-maste...

None of these work. 

And the colors look different with different footage(shot on the same camera) and settings and renderers. Please check the screenshots below. I have listed every scenario and the result.

It's making me very frustrated. It's impossible to work like this...

Scene 1 Adobe.jpg

Scene 2 Adobe.jpg

 

 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happening to my Alex ProRes footage. I found a simple solution. 

Reveal the clip in your project, right click and scroll to Modify > Interpret footage

In the interpret window, you'll see the Color Management section at the bottom has Input LUT: Alexa/Amira default. - change it to none. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new correct way to do this. Willyon, you were correct for the way that used to work but is now obsolete. The big problem with this now is that it seems you can't do all the clips at once, you have to go through each one and Modify>Interpret footage and remove the LUT. It's quite ridiculous if you have a project with hundreds of clips. A shame because my guess is 90% of people editing Arri footage want to grade off the Log image. I suppose most are bouncing to Davinci one way or another, but it is still common to grade within Premiere.  I hope Adobe has a better answer or a fix for this. Please help, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm- it appears I can actually get rid of multiple ones at once, even though it doesn't allow the Embedded LUT vs None dropdown.  It's not obvious but somehow I got multiple clips to lose the LUT.  I stand by that I would love for this to be clearer and easier on the part of Adobe. I will keep my eyes and ears open. Did we lose the "master clip effects" muting for a reason? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Instantly worked! Very helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Love You, dude!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out how to batch disable the auto LUT. Select a batch of clips > right click > Disable source clip effects. 

Previously, it was a look hack in lumetri. Then it was right click > modify > interpret footage > none. Then it was select single clip > In Lumetri Color Panel > dropdown to Clear. This last one was not batch-able. 

Doing a notch conform for a 2 hour feature and have to conform for master QT. Reimporting any Alexa footage in ProRes auto LUTs over and over. So annoying and a huge waste of valuable time. 

Adobe, please kill this feature altogether, or at least give us the option to disable universally. 

Thanks,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add that although you can disable source clip effects, in Lumetri Color panel and Effects panel when you load a clip into the Source window, is still set to the Amira auto LUT, but the entire effect is turned off.

When you load a clip into the source window, and go to Lumetri Color Panel and click on Amira LUT and select Clear, it effectively removes the effect entirely. Only problem is you can only do this one clip at a freaking time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines