Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alexa mini, Arriraw OpenGate frame size

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Great news that Premiere and After Effects support Alexa Mini's Arriraw files... But... I have problems with the OpenGate and anamorphic frames size.

I have files from camera in OpenGate (3.424x2.202 pixels), but I only use a 2.560x2.145 "cached" frame in my proyect with a 2:1 anamorphic conversion.

But when I import the raw files, it appears as a 2.578x1.080 pixels files... And as square pixel (1,0) when I see it actually un-squeezed (2:1).

I can't found any option to change it in Interprete Footage or Master clip setting (where I can change ISO or color space...)

I have to up scale the files (199%) to meet the real size, I can't found the full frame info (3.424x2.202) for VFX in After Effects, etc.

Any option to manually config the actual resolution of the file?

Thanks!

PD:Sorry for my english!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old thread... reviving to say I have the exact same issue. It appears the arri "open gate" frame size of 3424x2202 is not officially supported in by aftereffects, which instead sees it as 3423x1100- which is frustrating because technically you can create a 3424x2202 composition and all your native VFX will work perfectly, BUT imported "open gate" footage will be resampled into a lower res, blurry format.

So far the only solution I've found is to export an intermediate file out of resolve or adobe media encoder, which spits out a frame size that AE correctly understands. It's kluge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines