• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All imported video files named CLIPS001? Canon C200 footage

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just new today (Nov 20 2019). When I import or ingests or drap and drop footage into a project, they are all named CLIPS001. Camera is a Canon C200 shot at UHD 59.94.

They are all have different footage when you selecet each clip but the naming is screwed.  Also when you select, reveal in finder, they reference the correct file. Anyone have this problem or solution?

imac pro 2017

10.14.6 (18G1012)

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.06.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.02.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

I've been having this problem with my C70 for years, having to do the annoying workaround with renaming CLIP001 to CLIP002 - BUT NO MORE! 

Inside the camera 'Metadata' menu setting I had changed 'User Defined' to my name, causing the issue. If you hit reset on this (back to CANON) it will fix the import issue into Premiere Pro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only seems to be my Canon C200 footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes known issue for Canon cameras.

Rename CLIPS001 to CLIPS002 and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the source folder? Before importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy that it that simple!  Big thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a known issue from Canon Cameras. It was working fine before PrP 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any plans on fixing this, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing this is going to be fixed, but when?

Adobe never announces updates in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a problem with Canon Cinema EOS C300 MKII footage. I was able to fix it by changing the name of the CLIPS001 Folder to CLIPS002 but this is unacceptable. Adobe should be on this. I'm about to test the new C500 MKII footage tomorrow.

This bug is unacceptable because now I can't use Canon's XF Utility because the root folder name was changed!

GET WITH IT ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this with my C200 footage but, no luck.  10 gigs of client footage that I can't use.  Am I missing a step? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update to most recent? that seemed to work for me. but you have to re-import the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the most recent version of Premiere...

The files import correctly AND, and this is the big one, AND they show up just fine in the Source panel.  I can actually see the footage.  Also, if I've just opened a fresh project and the first clip I use is an MXF from the C200, it goes into the timeline just fine.  After that?  Nothing.  This is insane.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the correct "in camera" file names are there correct? What happens after that? DO you mean trying to add more files into the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with Canon C300 mkii footage.

This workaround worked for me - Though when using it for a documentary with almost 50 cards of rushes, it gets somewhat tiresome and pointless, considering the high subscription price.

I do wish Adobe would focus more on their Customer Support than new features to justify their subscription cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe? Fix in the works? This is a major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix but new features coming soon! ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I've been using Premiere and C300mk2 ftg for years with no issues.  Never saw this happen til CC2020 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip... changing name works...  but glad I was only importing one shoot.

Adobe, please fix or we will move to Resolve... if we havent already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that if you just changing the name of the CONTENTS folder produces the expected result. The folder structure seems to be fine after doing this. I kinda don't mind being forced to do this as it really helps with organization and knowing at a glance what was on that card.

I get that it's a bug and have been frustrated by it like the rest of you here. Shouldn't be ignored. You shouldn't have to change a folder name just to ingest footage where you can see the camera-generated clip name.

By the way, this problem exists across the video products including Prelude. The solution works across them as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be fixed in 14.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that it's fixed?

@neumannfxmh I think it's insuffient to have to change anything in the root folders BECAUSE I found that if you change anything (even the slightest digit) then you cant use Canon XF Utility. Why would anyone want to use Canon XF Utility you might ask? SEE BELOW. ALL this information, Adobe and DaVinci doesn't give you (DaVinci gives you some, more than Adobe infact)

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.55.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.55.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.55.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just verified... previous import of my Canon C300 MKII footage came in all CLIP001... now all names fixed... migration to Resolve has been delayed. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines