• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All imported video files named CLIPS001? Canon C200 footage

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just new today (Nov 20 2019). When I import or ingests or drap and drop footage into a project, they are all named CLIPS001. Camera is a Canon C200 shot at UHD 59.94.

They are all have different footage when you selecet each clip but the naming is screwed.  Also when you select, reveal in finder, they reference the correct file. Anyone have this problem or solution?

imac pro 2017

10.14.6 (18G1012)

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.06.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.02.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

I've been having this problem with my C70 for years, having to do the annoying workaround with renaming CLIP001 to CLIP002 - BUT NO MORE! 

Inside the camera 'Metadata' menu setting I had changed 'User Defined' to my name, causing the issue. If you hit reset on this (back to CANON) it will fix the import issue into Premiere Pro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @THS-Visuals ,
Sorry about this issue again. We have fixed it in the latest beta 23.1 builds. It will work with all types of combinations. The fix will also be a part of the next release. 
Please check the latest beta build and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem with my C70 for years, having to do the annoying workaround with renaming CLIP001 to CLIP002 - BUT NO MORE! 

Inside the camera 'Metadata' menu setting I had changed 'User Defined' to my name, causing the issue. If you hit reset on this (back to CANON) it will fix the import issue into Premiere Pro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up!!

BTW, it looks like the naming issue does not happen when you shoot RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Danmon ,
Sorry about this issue again. We have fixed it in the latest beta 23.1 builds. It will work even if User-defined field is updated. The fix will also be a part of the next release. 
Please check in the latest beta build and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 
We have seen this issue - and fixed it - in previous versions of Premiere Pro. The problem returned and we aware of what causes it. As Danmon said, it's caused by how we handle Canon files where the default file naming scheme has changed. We're currently working on fixing this. My apologies for this issue! As a Canon shooter myself, I know how useful it is to change the default naming scheme, particularly on multi-camera shoots. 
Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. This thread started in November 2019 and I think you may be the first Adobe Employee to comment.

I actually had a coffee with someone at Adobe and brought up this issue as an example of Adobe being slow in addressing issues as this is a perfect example.

I'm sure you have more pressing issues but I see this as a major one for professional editors and post houses that use Adobe as their NLE. 

You have 2 markets:

1. The Professional Post House and Editors (though many of these guys use Avid)

2. The Videographer, YouTuber, DIYer

I understand that this is a difficult task to cater to both types of users but if Adobe plans on being the compeditor to Avid (and professional workflows) stupid little things like this need to be dealt with ASAP.

I apologize for my rant but want to give you persepective. Here's another quick example:

I mainly work as a DIT and two months ago worked on a commerical shot on the ALEXA35 in ARRIRAW which uses a new MXF wrapper. I had to generate transcodes (ProRes 422LT) for post. I usually use Pomfort Silverstack Labs but they were still in beta for the new ALEXA35. I didn't want to use beta software on set. Resolve 18 was ready to go so I used Resolve for transcoding. About a month later the Post facility sent me a email freaking out saying the Original Camera Negative (ARRIRAW MXF) was corrupt and they couldn't open in Premiere. They were trying to relink to the originals. Right away I knew that this was an Adobe issue (Not trying to be mean but remember what I said above about professional workflows). To prove my point I went to ARRI's website, downloaded ALEXA35 ARRIRAW MXF media and opened in in Resolve 18 (with a screenshot), opened in the new updated Silverstack Labs (with a screenshot) and finally the newest update of Premiere Pro (with a screenshot). Can you guess which program had the issue?

That's all I'm saying. More and more professionals are using Premiere Pro (sounds kinda funny to say) but these workflow issues are not up to the task. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give you a short answer and a long answer: we hear you and your points are very well taken. 

The longer answer is in two parts: 
1. While the end result was the same (the CLIPS001 issue) it was caused by different underlying problems that were fixed. We definitely could have done a better job in communicating. 

2. I'd love to talk to you about some of your ALEXA comments. I'll reach out to you via a DM and email. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fergus for the reply, and to Maurice on the Alex 35 notes.

If I can add one more thing, that I think is related to the Clips001
thing...

(And I'm a professional editor, so I'm coming at this from a professional
perspective...)

If I have a folder that only contains one file, and I import that folder
via drag and drop into a Premiere project, Premiere removes that folder.

So what ends up in my project is just a naked clip.

The same is true if I have a single file inside a single folder inside a
folder.

So for instance, I have a "from Vendors" folder structure.

The audio guy sends me a file called Mix1.aiff.

In the finder, I create a folder to hold that mix - here's my structure:
from_Vendors/from_Mixer/2022_10_17/Mix1.aiff

If I drag the "from_Vendors" folder into Premiere, I would expect to get
this bin structure:
from_Vendors

from_Mixer

2022_10_17

Mix1.aiff

But instead, I just get the file "Mix1" at the base level of my project.

Premiere didn't used to behave this way. Why the change?

What business is it of Premiere to ignore my folder structure?

I live by these folder structures and expect Premiere to mimick my folder
structure as bins, like it used to.

*(Mind you, this only happens if there's a single file or folder inside a
folder. So in this case it is a single file inside a single folder inside a
single folder inside a folder.)*

I have to waste my time creating bin after bin and copy and paste folder
names to do what Premiere used to do automatically.

If I drag in a folder that goes 5 folders deep before getting to a file, so
what?

Please fix this Adobe, I would deeply appreciate it.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidscottsmith This may not be the solution you're looking for but I have 2 suggestions:

1. Try importing your folder structure using the Media Browser panel and see if it's behaving the same way. Also try File>Import

2. Maybe start using a Premeire Pro File that's acts like a template. Meaning a new Premiere Pro Project that has your default bin structure. Then when you start a new project just duplicate that PrP file and rename for your new job.

Again, I know these aren't the solutions you are looking for but perhaps this could be helpful.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @maurice.morales yes, those aren't the solutions I'm looking for.

I do have a template premiere project, of course, and that gets me part of the way there, yes. but you understand the rest. It's all dependent on who sends me what when, etc.

I haven't found Premiere to bring in parent folders as bins when you use "File>Import" - I believe it only brings in the files.

I haven't tried Media Browser because it behaves so non-natively, I have a hard time adjusting. But I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, see my post others in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/importing-folders/m-p/13249271#M433954

Upvote the feature request.

Maurice, Media Browser has the same problem of ignoring zero and one item folders.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed? I'm using the lateset premiere and all my clips in several clips001 go into one folder.

I have pre labeled folders of c70_1  C70_2  and then the all go into a clips001.

Can it keep each in the c70_1 folder and then c70_2 with clips of each? Is this a setting I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rich Marchewka  ,

Can you please mention your Premiere Pro version from Help-> About Premiere Pro?
This should be fixed in Premiere 23.1 builds.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines