• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL keyboard shortcuts have disappeared

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this sounds really weird but my keyboard shortcuts, ALL of them, have disappeared:

EmptyShortcuts.jpg

I have tried resetting my personal settings. I have tried uninstalling (and selecting "yes, remove app preferences") and reinstalling. Nothing seems to have worked. My keyboard shortcuts for all my other Adobe apps don't seem to have been affected.

Needless to say, it's effectively impossible to use Premiere without shortcuts. How do I get them back?

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Hello

I think I solved the problem in a weird way. I've opened the shortcut preferences and got the notice about the shortcut missing. I'd hit okay and noticed that in the drop down menu was an option for the CS6 version of the shortcuts. I've loaded it and saved as Affonso shortcuts and had hit okay. The shortcuts are working just fine and the warning has gone. But I think it was not necessary to rename it.premiere problema atalhos-1.JPGpremiere problema atalhos-2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! This fixed it! Thanks, mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thinh happened to me, this is how I solved it.

I'm on Windows.

I went to: C:/ProgramFiles/Adobe/AdobePremiereProCC2019/Keyboard Shortcuts/en  then I copied the file "AdobePremiereProDefaults.kys"

And pasted into:

Documents/Adobe/PremierePro/13.0/Profile-Name/Win  then renamed to "AdobePremiereProDefaults2.keys"

Then opened Premiere Pro/Edit/KeyboardShortcuts and on the Presets dropdown menu I selected the file that I renamed it and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that LucasJoshua.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This and only This helped. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you boss. that did the job. i'm not sure why it did that. i didn't want to uninstall it bc i have my workstation all set up, and didn't want to lose that. your trick did the job. all shortcut keys are there. if anyone is having issues. try this method, before uninstalling. 

Documents/Adobe/PremierePro/13.0/Profile-Name/Win    on this part in case you don't know how to get to it. C:drive/Users/username/Onedrive/documents/  then follow lucasjoshua remaining steps. some people will probably go crazy if they don't know how to get to this part. luckily i mess around with all my stuff and know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youuuuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you my friend
Literally been messing about for 2 and a half hours trying to get shortcuts not finding anything, now it's finally fixed.
Just for me I had to put it in the Profile-creative-cloud to work, anyway thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I think I solved the problem in a weird way. I've opened the shortcut preferences and got the notice about the shortcut missing. I'd hit okay and noticed that in the drop down menu was an option for the CS6 version of the shortcuts. I've loaded it and saved as Affonso shortcuts and had hit okay. The shortcuts are working just fine and the warning has gone. But I think it was not necessary to rename it.premiere problema atalhos-1.JPGpremiere problema atalhos-2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so copying the shortcuts from the app folder to the new profile works you will find duplicates of the shortcuts in the dropdowns but the second batch work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was to change the language back to English (united states)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add one more method for the archives:

Non of the above worked for me, so I tried something else (macOS 11.6.1, Premiere Pro 2022): I created a custom shortcut set (Keyboard Shortcuts / Save As...) - which of course, like all other sets, was totally empty. That created a file with that set's name in /Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/22.0/Profile-johannes/Mac/. I deleted that file (copying its full name and extension first). Then I copied over the original keyboard layout file I wanted to use form within the app folder (/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2022/Adobe Premiere Pro 2022.app/Contents/Keyboard Shortcuts/en/Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys) to that location and renamed it to the name of my custom set.

Lauched Premiere agian and all was good.

It is my belief that it all has to do with macOS' extreme file system access policies. It seems Premier fails to read the original keybaord layout sets from within the app wrapper. Once the same file is read form the user's document folder, it's fine (provided it has a different name!!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly for me, thanks a lot. Just installed the app and was having the same issue, it was driving me crazy. 

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines