• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my workspaces and keyboard shortcuts are GONE... AGAIN!!!!!!!

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a weekly occurance at this point...100% Everything is gone! No workspaces, no shortcuts, had to reset my default transition lengths, as if the program was clean installed... took about 45 minutes that I could have been editing just resetting EVERYTHING! 

Everyone out there reading this... BACKUP YOUR KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS AND WORKSPACES!!!!!!!! Save the files in a location incase you need them... Adobe DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't see this problem occuring very often here.  So if you want to spend some time seeing if we can figure out what's going on, just post back...  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.   Are you connected to a network?    You may have gone in detail in a different thread but let's start from ground zero and see if we can find what might be causing this.  It's not always easy to diagnose these things from a distance unless we approach it systematically.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why any of that would matter... is there a graphics card that causes all the keyboard shortcuts to vanish? If there is and someone knows about it, why doesn't Adobe fix that problem? Last time I used Premiere professionaly was with CC 2017 on the exact same computer... the shortcuts and workspaces never disappeared then... so again.... what could my system specs POSSIBLY have to do with this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the graphics card is just part of the macro I have for system specs requests...  And if this was a common problem, we'd see many many reports of it... and we don't.  Updates often require better system specs and so even though Premiere 2017 worked fine on your system, your set up may no long meet minimum requirements...    

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, but then WHY would it work perfectly fine other than deleting my shortcuts and workspaces once a week? It's unequivically Adobe's fault 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't understand why are you unwilling to provide some very basic information?  If you don't know where to find the requested info, post back and happy to help.    Just because the only problem your seeing is the disappearing shortcuts and workspaces, doesn't mean there aren't other issues you haven't come across yet.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here they are, what do I get when you can't provide an answer for me with the specs? Because there is zero change of you knowing a soultion based on this info...

Windows 10 Home

Premiere 22.4

32 gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 1060

intel core i7 4790k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're wasting my time and your own time if you're not willing to provide the info we need to start troubleshooting the problem....    If you browse the threads here you'll see many that were solved when someone finally asked the right question and that doesn't happen unless we approach this in a systematic fashion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you READ? I put it right there... I'm not wasting your time, you're wasting MINE, because I know you don't know the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course I saw it.  but that was just the first troubleshooting step...  good luck, I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no no no, why don't you admit that I'm 100% correct and that you were wasting my time asking for it, and with that info you still have ZERO idea how to fix the problem... exactly what I said from the get-go idiot. 

You think it's my first day on here? You "Adobe community """""professionals"""" have never solved anyone's problem EVER. Any soultion comes from someone who actually uses the software and knows what the soultion actually is.... you dopes just ask for people's system specs as if that would change something and it never does... if it did and you knew anything you would be able to state... "Do you maybe have a i5 processor with only 8 gigs of Ram or similar, that would cause a problem similar to what you're having" but of course because you actually don't know anything this is never the case... you know nothing, you help no one, and how you got a job as a "community professional" is a mystery to the universe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the  hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you only have one user account on that computer?

Maybe you are signed in on a different account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one user account... everything I work on is on the same 1 tb SSD as the install of premiere....

Understand that because I have my workspace and shortcuts backed up that means when i open the folders to recopy them into the install folders I see first hand said files missing... WTF is occuring to delete these files when there is no update? I had Premiere open yesterday, everything was there... today I open it and see this dumb panal on the left side that says "watch lessons?" and I already know my settings have been nuked...completely idiotic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post that here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines