• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha Channel .Mov files causing video glitches in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various new problems in this recent update with Premiere CC.

All my Alpha rendered titles are creating video glitches in my playback and renders.

Overlapping text in my video titling renders (which they were not rendered out as).

I've tried re-rendering the alpha channel .mov files and still, same issues.

My after effects has also been acting up, the render queue for after effects is not showing up with a white box appears in the middle of the screen.

LOTS of issues with this update.

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 1.38.57 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi,

The patch has been released and live now. This patch includes bug fix related to PNG's and crash.

Bug fixes in Premiere Pro versions 12.1 and 12.1.1

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please specify in detail which format did you export to from AE ?

Can you send screenshots for your AE export settings ?

Mainly you should use 'Animation' preset and RGB + Alpha

If nothing works, try to export your titles as mogrt files, drag the

basic properties such as color, position, scale, opacity and rotation

of your text to the essential graphics and export as mogrt from there.

If you need any additional help or more controls, i can help with expressions, let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, It's this update for sure! I just updated today and see how my project went down. premiere err copy copy.jpg

Because of my deadline, I have to quickly assemble my compositions at the Premiere. Until yesterday it was normal and after this "12.1', everything was messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Having the same glitches with png sequences and Quicktime Animation with premul and straight alpha. Same issue in After Effects. Downgraded both to the previous version and everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes im having the same issues with my PNG mov alpha channel animations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for your issue!

We have identified this as a bug and are working on a fix.

For some users, this workaround has solved their issue: PNG with Alpha Workarounds

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry this work around didnt work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I can see the guys are working on a workaround, but there are definitely glitches appearing within edits with this latest incarnation. Hope you can find a fix quick guys... PNG with Alpha Workarounds is not cutting the mustard for me. Please work on this one Adobe, real important for those of use who use alpha channel .mov credits!!!! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to right click on your imported files from AE with alpha, then choose 'Modify' and then 'Interpret Footage' and

under the Alpha Channel  Conform Alpha Premultiplication to Premultiplied Alpha (check the checkbox)

see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note a few folk talking about AE here, this is affecting Premiere which is the bind... is glitching/not working in Prem...any work rounds for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didnt work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The patch has been released and live now. This patch includes bug fix related to PNG's and crash.

Bug fixes in Premiere Pro versions 12.1 and 12.1.1

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. REALLY annoying. Overnight my projects had problems with the .mov's created with AE. Exported with Alpha channel in Animation settings. Worked when I first imported and even exported. Then next day I can start all over again. Deadline is tomorrow, I know how I'm gonna spend this day. Check before you update guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed updated in last patch. Not good for my heart though, this way of working... But thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and the bug is back. Update worked one day, and now it's the same as before... Really depressing. Sorry guys, but what the ... are you doing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the issue is not fixed with the latest patch (Premiere 22.0) this works for me:

export the AE files with Alpha Channel NOT as Animation preset, but as Apple Pro Res 4444. This means some extra work but at least the Alpha Channel is exported correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems every time Premiere starts up after a while, the glitch is back. No matter which way the .MOV is exported. Disapointing that the still isn't a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines