• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt+Click+Drag Intermittently not working Premier Pro 2021 V15.4.1

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue where I try to use the "Alt+Click+Drag to duplicate" feature but it just drags the clip or whatever element im attempting to duplicate. The thing is it sometimes works and other times (for seemingly no reason) just doesn't. I thought it might be my keyboard but I tested the keyboard and it works fine with no issues. Ultimately the "fix" ive come up with is to just keep Alt+Click+Dragging until it works, but it's just annoying to have to deal with constantly. Am I missing something? or is this just an obscure bug that I seem to be the only one dealing with (the closest thing I've found to someone else having this issue, is them having the feature not work at all)? Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure that you're being careful to release your click on the mouse before releasing the alt key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and as a workaround (yes I know it's not ideal), you can select the clip and "copy" with the appropriate shortcut key combo, and place the play head where you want to paste and make sure the patch panel has just the correct target track turned on.  And you can "paste insert" or "paste overwrite."    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and it drives me nuts... Most of the time just not working...
It used to be that for the third time, it finally duplicated it, but most recently it ALT+click+drag completely stopped working.
Did you find out the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!
Since I posted, I updated it to 22.2 and that seemed to have solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines