Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt+Drag not working to duplicate clips on the timeline

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I usually work with Premiere 2017 in Mac OS, but now I'm transitioning to Windows 10 with Premiere Pro 2018... but I'm still working on a Mac, and accessing the windows workstation through Citrix StoreFront, that is, a Virtual Desktop system... so, I'm working in a PC with Windows 10, with Premiere Pro 2018, bu acessing with a mac keyboard. And everything is working except the ALT+Drag to duplicate itens on the timeline, which I use ALL THE TIME!

I realized the virtual keyboard doesn't recognize the option key as ALT, but as "Start" instead... and what it recognizes as ALT actually is Command, and does an insert edit if I do Command+drag... Is there a way to customise this? I'm going crazy about this... thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 23.45.07.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably just disable whatever command is currently using the alt key to get back the old feature.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a Windows keyboard for the Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a virtual keyboard. I hope it's not a problem with my physical keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Mac, and where as I used to be able to alt+drag a caption and then type new words there, it no longer works. Or works when it wants to... maybe one out of 22 tries. It's maddening. I've tried working in smaller projects. I'm in a mac with massive power so it shouldn't be that. Is there any other way to quickly duplicate? (NOT COPY which messes up captioning in a big way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines