• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt+Scroll Not working on source monitor for audio?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't alt+scroll zoom isn't working on premiere pro 2021 source monitor for audio?

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Have you already tried resetting preferences? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried that. The issue remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Which OS do you have? Does it happen with a specific project?

Let us know.

Thanks.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

And no, it's not project specific.

Sorry for the late replies, I'm not receiving email notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Th3_A6add0n,

I tested it in the current and 2020 version and Alt + Scroll did not zoom in or zoom out in any of the versions.

Which version of Premiere Pro you were using?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS it's written in the post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ALT + Scroll does not appear to zoom in and out for premier pro audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it ever working fine for you on any other version? Let us know.

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From CS6 to CC 2019

Yes.

Idk why this question is relevant? Because if it wasn't working that means it wasn't a feature to begin with & I wouldn't have posted it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I've to swallow the hard pill and switch permanently to Davinci Resolve.

I mean I was using it for color grading anyways, guess for editing too I've to make a switch.

Now I just need best alternative to after effects and I'm done with Adobe. I've been spending way too much money to have bugs in my software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 
sorry I just got your message. What bugs are you finding in your system? It's working fine for me. Also what do you mean by swallow the hard pill? Because there many hard pills I'm NOT going to take. For example I just started watching videos about gardening and the weirdest and best thing is those fruits and veggies that look different than the rest like a red headdd step child. But like how awesome and unique are they

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, every editing software has issues and in my opinion while Resolve has a far superior interface for color correction, it's editing interface doesn't come close to Premiere.   But since you can work with the free version of resolve to see if you like it and if it will work properly on your system, certainly worth a shot.   But if the problem with alt+scroll zoom is your only problem with Premiere, certainly doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me...  bwdik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the only problem. Sudden crashes, lack of vp9 support, audio hardware errors everytime you open premiere pro, if you have multiple audio output source and the list goes on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm not seeing those problems...
With over 30 years of experience with software editing, I can assure you,
every option has its pluses and minuses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not free software I am after, working with premiere pro is like I am paying for all the bugs it has & that too monthly/yearly. Resolve is just one time payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Alt+scroll for audio (nor for video) in the Source Monitor in CS6.

There is alt+scroll in the timeline.

As is in 2020 and 2021 (cannot test 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was not seeing any bugs or errors in the 2020/2021 version of the software, maybe you can try uninstalling/reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I if there is no such feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do really want yourself to get publicly ashamed by making such bold claims?

Lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do really want yourself to get publicly ashamed by making such bold claims?

Lol.

By @Th3_A6add0n

You can vote here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34126465-zooming-into-monit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a number of the others here, I work in both PrPro and Resolve. I'm also a contributing author at a colorist's teaching website, most of whom work in Resolve. With a very active member Slack setup.

And I participate on the LGG "LiftGammaGain" and BlackMagic forums as well as here.

As mgrenadier says, all these apps have bugs. My Resolve-using acquaintances all have long lists of bugs and UI 'fails' some of which go back several versions.

These apps are simply tools. Fancy hammers. Some hammers work better for different things, and some people prefer one hammer over another.

Use the hammer that works for you. Personally, I loathe the Resolve UI. And the way in Resolve there are very few user UI choices as their UI is pretty much locked down. As the lock down all control surfaces used within Resolve. My Tangent Elements panel is half-blank all the time.

Whereas, in PrPro I have custom workspaces that I enjoy working in. And my Elements not only is fully utilized in color work, I can now use it by mapping it for audio track controls, sizing/rotation/placement of graphics elements, most editing functions ... none of which I can do in Resolve.

But a good friend totally loves the Resolve UI. More power to him! He works totally in Resolve and I work mainly in PrPro.

Different tools ... fancy hammers. And we all get our work out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There. I'm probably to late but hey there just in case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same bug. It starts when I scroll in/out while playing audio/video. It sometimes goes back after alt-tabing from premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines