• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMD Radeon Vega Graphics - Good with Premiere Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to purchase a Desktop PC and dedicate it's use to Premiere Pro. Found an ASUS 2 GHz ryzen_7_4700u and 16 GB DDR4 RAM. Wondering about the Graphics Coprocessor AMD Radeon Vega Graphics. Will it do the job today and when the 2023 upgrades come out. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. If you have other ideas on a setup that would not break the budget, would love to check them out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post would be better handled in Premiere Pro. Moving it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Should tell you whether the graphics card is suffcient for the current version.   Don't think that anyone knows what's gonna be necessary for 2023 upgrades.  but I can tell you that 16gigs of RAM although meeting minimum specs is not ideal if your editing with 4k or higher footage although you may be able to get by with a proxy workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much. I will take your advice and go to 32gigs, 4K is part of what I am editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That CPU is very, very poor for Premiere Pro. You see, AMD's OpenCL support is restricted in hardware to only OpenCL version 2.0, which is very problematic with Premiere Pro. It is much slower in Premiere Pro than even a quad-core 11th-Gen Intel laptop with only integrated graphics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciate your advice. I will keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surprised to know that my Radeon RX Vega M is not working with Adobe Premier Pro 2024. Something wrong here and I can only hear the audio and the video screen does not show the video. That means the Radeon RX Vega M needs to be replaced, although it is 4 GB, it is too old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. The Radeon RX Vega M graphics is a separate chip that's embedded into the Intel Kaby Lake G CPU package. And Intel had completely discontinued all support for Kaby Lake G, outside of archived drivers, at the end of March of last year. Worst of all, generic AMD graphics drivers are completely incompatible with these on-package GPUs. A driver must be downloaded from Intel's Web site for that series of GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines