AME error: Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sending any file from premiere to AME, AME fails to encode if the project is closed or crashes. This only seems to happen if you close premiere before AME starts encoding, or if you send multiple files and Premiere is closed, AME will fail to encode the files it hasn't started on yet.

Error: Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted

The reason why this happens is easy, When a file is sent from Premiere to AME, Dynamic Link creates a TEMP project in the G8 Folder on a mac. By closing Premiere, those TEMP projects gets flushed, therefore when AME reaches the files, it can't find the source project anymore. Any way to change this behaviour?

It happened to me where AME was creating 600 Proxies. Midway, Premiere was closed due to a forced Mac Update, but AME prevented the restart, and kept encoding, only to fail on the rest of the files with the amazing not-creepy sheep sound (which definitely needs to be changed)

Views

4.2K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce this using version 12.1 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).  AME works whether PP is open or closed.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens mostly if Premiere crashes, Forced quite, or the compute is restarted and AME tries to pick from where it left off.

I never had this issue on a Windows machine, only on a MAC.

It is also more relevant to proxies vs regular encoding.

I can easily reproduce it if I manually delete the TEMP files, but can't really tell in which situations those files are automatically flushed.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had this issue on a Windows machine

I would argue you just solved the problem.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had other issues on Windows, but that's not the topic.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris_Z,

Can you place this issue into user voice? Premiere Pro: Hot (958 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error from an .aep comp. 8k, 3 hours long. It won't add to AME render queue. Just stalls. I've un/reinstalled AE, PP, & AME. I've tried dragging the comp into the queue, but it fails.

 

Any ideas?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had this a lot from After Effects - kind of under control now (my work around was to change permissions in MacOS for the temp file that Ae creates when sending a Comp to Media Encoder.

 

But this seems solved.. Until... I started working with Character Animator, which relies completely on Media Encoder for rendering. But unfortunately the fail shows up again, with the same undescriptive and incorrect meese in AME's log.

 

Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines