• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown error occurred while opening the project

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I've been working on a project forever now, an hour long documentary, and as of recently I'm now unable to open the project file. When I try opening the file, the message reads "an unknown error occured while opening the project". 

I've already tried several potential solutions, such as opening an autosave file, restarting my computer, importing the project into a new project... all of which have not worked. Still the same error. 

Is the entire project now corrupt? Is it possible to fix this? If so, how can I go about doing so? I'd really hate to lose months and months of work and start over. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Sorry for your trouble.

Can you please try to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope same error, guessing project is corrupt.

Might want to try this guy: Mohsen_Aghaei 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/fix-quot-an-unknown-error-occurred-while-opening-the-pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem. It wouldn't open when I started Premiere Pro. The solution I found was to open the project from FINDER or FILES. Or open Premiere Pro, escape out of the opening box when starting PP. Then go to Files > Open recent. 

I first disconected my hard drives, restarted the computer, and then opening it directly from the file. Hours of work saved and yelling colorful words. 

Here is a youtube video I found on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euR3PO_W7XM

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines