Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anamorphic video output to a blackmagic is squeezed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I might be doing something wrong but I can't output correclty anamorphic footage using Blackmagic UltraStudio 4k mini, the image is streched!

The same anamorphic footage works ok using Resolve or Media Composer.

Am I missing a setting?

Thanks

TOPICS
Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexandrec86648150,

Sorry to hear about this. We can get this checked. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using & the Pixel Aspect Ratio selected under Sequence Settings.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Premiere pro version 15.00 - built 41 - version pro V15 / Square Pixel (1x1) video preview 1920x 804

Thanks Summet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, if you're using true anamorphic footage you should not be using square pixels on your sequence. You should be using 1.33 pixel aspect ratio. I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong - I don't know enough about PP workflows with anamorphic to comment. I'm just sayinht os technically what anamorphic footage is. Anyway workaround - use 1920 x 1080 seq with black bars top and bottom to edit - you can then drop this into a 1920x 804 seq to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Mondo,

Premiere Pro will output to a sceond computer monitor with the correct aspect ratio but it will not have the correct aspect ratio when using 3rd party hardware. I would consider it a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro does have aspect ratio problems when using 3rd party hardware as seen in the video below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsfuRyZb8c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

That's is exactly what I'm seeing. 

I agree with the video that BM should have an option to let the user do in the driver setup BUT in my findings is that It works with Avid Media Composer.

Avid Media Composer do the rigth output in the same setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard other people say that about Avid. You should make a video demonstrating that Media Composer can display the correct aspect ratio and file it as a bug report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

I'm not in that facility anymore but I will ask them to make a video and send it to me.

Now, my brain is thinking why I need to show a video to log this kind of "bug", they could do this very easily installing Media Composer 30 days trial and check it by them selfs.

I understand is more easy to see that take time to recreate the issue (I'm on another beta's teams and I know the drill). But this seems quite obvious.

Sorry I was just trying to understand the way the support works in here. I don't want to assume anything.

Thank you so much for the help Andy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think Adobe would have a few Apple computers and a few PC as well as a few devices from Matrox, AJA and BMD for testing purposes but I don't think they do. You would think they would have Edius, Avid and Resolve installed on the test computers as well but I don' think they have things setup like that. I think you will have to show them what the compeition can do. I will admit it is frustrating to not see the correct aspect ration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video that is working ok with Media Composer. 

You can check the video > here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

I've tried to create a support case and they "dump me".

- They asked me to "reinstall the plugin"?

- "We can only provide support for Adobe Premiere Pro. We don't provide support to 3rd party hardware. Try re-connection the hardware and re-installing the 3rd party plugin".

- "We cannot provide support for the 3rd party hardware."

And that's it. It's quite frustrating...

Again It could be a preference issue on my part, but I've tried almost everything that I could remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should disconnect the Blackmagic UltraStudio 4k mini in the video you created so they know you are not simply using a second computer monitor with Media Composer software. That being said let them know it is support for Premiere Pro that is needed since Resolve and Avid do not have the same issue with odd aspect ratios. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines