Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Direction of Drop Shadow Jittery Shaky not smooth

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I like to animate the direction of drop shadow of text but the animation is jittery and not smooth. I've made a text layer in essential graphic, applied the drop shadow effect, and add key frames of direction parameter to change the direction of the drop shadow. The animation of the direction of the drop shadow is jumpy and not smooth. I have tried to ease/in out the keyframes. Also I've tried nesting the text, and then applied drop shadows on the nest, and rendered the effects, but nothing work. Please help. Thanks!!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I see this behaviour too. Almost like the drop shadow angle effect jumps by degrees.

Can't figure out a solution in Premiere but After Effects' drop shadow may not have this problem (though have not checked)

In After Effects there would be other ways you could achieve this too ... by seperately animating a drop shadow layer to follow a curved path and get the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm the issue happens with After Effects' drop shadow effect too. I've just made a post about it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed... seems like a bug that deserves further investigation. @Kevin-Monahan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably not the answer but try turning off 'composite in linear colour' in the sequence settings. sometimes it helps with things that involve transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested that. Makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines