• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any alternative solution for caption / subtitle thru scripting?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm looking for a solution to auto import and place captions / subtitle in timeline. I have just mocked with MOGRT, by importing multiple times and updating its source text value. But its not working as subtitle CEA 708 for TV standards, my as my client reported.

I tried few methods, but none working.
- Imported a srt file and placed to timeline; I thought reimporting same file with different content would update captions in timeline. But instead PPRO just imports and treats as a new file.

- Thru script tried with insertClip, it returns no error at the same time captions not placed in timeline

- Looked for xml format of prproj, no option in export or save as; then changed extension to zip and opened, seemed xml with base64; decoding base64 didn't work as expected

- Tried with QE; but not much accessible and Adobe says not recommended.

@Adobe -Why PPRO is poorly support scripting?

Please suggest if there is a way to handle captions. Thanks in advance!

My premiere pro ver - CC 2021(15.0)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

>@Adobe -Why PPRO is poorly support scripting?

Sorry you think PPro's scripting support is poor. Literally hundreds of partners find it, at least, sufficient. 

As mentioned elsewhere, exposure of captions API will need to wait until PPro has completed the move to UXP-based integration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Forgot to mention "no feature like action" as in ILST and PSHP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>@Adobe -Why PPRO is poorly support scripting?

Sorry you think PPro's scripting support is poor. Literally hundreds of partners find it, at least, sufficient. 

As mentioned elsewhere, exposure of captions API will need to wait until PPro has completed the move to UXP-based integration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines