• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to DISABLE Alt+Drag = Duplicate in Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, long time viewing helpful answers in this forum, first time posting a question of my own.

I run into the following problem a lot and it's frankly a ticking time bomb in my workflow. I use the 'Track Select Forward Tool' (A) a lot to move entire sections in my timeline but every once in a while I will have a chunk of my timeline selected, press ALT while using my scroll wheel to zoom along my timeline but accidentally keep ALT pressed when draging the selected timeline part to the desired point which will then DUPLICATE the entire chunk of my timeline I had selected which messes up the entire timeline. Easy to undo of course if you notice it in time but it happend to me several times that I was zoomed into a part of my timeline while doing this and not noticing that I just destroyed my timeline comepletely until much later. At that point there is no way of undoing this but to revert to an older state/ a safety copy of the project which means a massive loss of time.

The simple fix for me would be to simply disable to option of ALT + DRAG = DUPLICATE as I'm not using this option anyways but I could not, for the life of me, find this shortcut anywhere in the keyboard hotkey menu... Any help would be highly highly appreciated!!!

Thank you very much!

Cheers, Elias

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+drag has been around for a very long time so short answer: no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid so.. I just don't really see why it's not part of the customizable hotkeys. Sounds simple enough to add an option to turn certain key combinations off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont think this will ever turn into a preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines