• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

app cs4 sync to extrnal midi device

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using APP CS4 and I'mwondering if there's a way that APP can send a synchronising signal to an externa; midi sequencer. so that the sequencer plays music exactly as the right time.

I know one way would be to record or import a 'smpte stripe' audio track and then use the stripe track to drive an external smpte device which would then in turn drive a midi sequencer but that involves buying expensive external hardware. is there an easier/cheaper way to do this in APP?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you working in creative suite 4?  That's way out of date and not sure you'll find any answers here...  Just a heads up....    you might tell us what you're trying to do.  Play back a video in premiere and synch to a midi sequencer?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes while the video is playing I need to edit the midi file to make it fit. I could do this laboriously by making an audio file from the midi device and see if it fits but it would be better to do it 'on the fly' if I could get APP to trigger and drive the midi sequencer along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to output the video and import it into a midi program like garage
band

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines