• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

app.project.rootItem.createBin crash next script

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community! I have a problem with PPRO crate bin. I have an application logic that creates a bin into which files are then imported. Everything is working fine, but if I go inside the bin any following script breaks with "EvalScript Error" message. Empirically, I found out that even if I create a bin directly through PPRO, and then try to call the script in the debugger (without using the logic of my cep extension), it also returns an error. I can't figure out why this is happening, maybe it's a bug in the PPRO itself and it should be fixed. Thank you for your attention

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S My PC - mackbook. Last PPRO version. Updated Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post some ExtendScript, that reliably reproduces the problem? 

Also good: steps to repro the behavior. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps
1. Create bin into project (can create without scrip, just create in PPRO)
2. Go into created bin
3. Open debug mode in browser and send window.__adobe_cep__.evalScript('app.encoder.launchEncoder()', function(res){console.log(res)})
In my case first try response be EvalScript Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it doesn't work for you, I'll make a video of how I do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

evalScript() is for use from within a CEP extension, but you don't mention any extension...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its my custom extension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't express myself correctly, this problem concerns the cep extension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also get the same failure, by calling evalScript() from within your extension?

I don't see it, here; PProPanel can create a bin, then invoke any other ExtendScript (including app.encoder.launchEncoder()), without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First video usage Folder.select dialog
Second video usage importFiles. First time script crash (ist problem), second time work fine, but i need work its everything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to provide meaningful feedback, without seeing the code, that goes along with those steps. Reaching out privately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code from second video just use evalScript('app.project.importFiles([path])

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that really was the code, it would fail, because of the unmatched single quote. 🙂

Please send a complete snippet, and step-by-step instructions on how to reliably reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines