• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply audio gain to all clips on the timeline that belong to a particular source file?

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have an mp4 or wav file in my project. I put it on the timeline and chop it up into multiple smaller clips. Because they're intertwined with other clips, it's now difficult to select all clips of that particular source file and apply an audio gain (or any other effect for that matter) to them.
Is there a way to select, or apply an effect to, all clips on the timeline that belong to a particular file in my project?
TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set Gain to a clip in the Project window and it will carrie over to the timeline.

In order to find your clips in the timeline give the source file in the project a certain color label.

Turn on Show Source clip name and color in the timeline (wrench). All your cuts will show that color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, neither of these effects are applied to my clips when I use them on the source file (after the clips are already on the timeline).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting Gain in the project is before dropping into the timeline.

After setting the label color you can easyly see all your cuts in the timeline, Select them and change the gain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_1-1636288372168.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in my opening question, I want to apply the gain after the clip is already added to the timeline (and cut in pieces).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select one of the audio clips mon the timeline and right click > copy.  Multiple select the others and right click > paste attributes and choose volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read my opening question:
"Because they're intertwined with other clips, it's now difficult to select all clips of that particular source file"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to select them manually in the timeline by holding down shift.

There is no auto function. The color label will help to select them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! Are you absolutely positive that there is no way to achieve this? It surprises me because it seems like a useful option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a feature request here where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines