• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply default Audio transitions in Premier 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut to apply only audio default transition to a cut? 

It used to work as Shift + Ctrl +D but now it doesn't work this way and according to commands in keyboard shortcuts menu you can only apply 'to playhead' or 'from playhead' which is obviously not the way I want it.

I kinda want it to work as it is when you use Shift +D but without default video transition applied.

Using 2022 latest version of Preiere.

Any help?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

In a mew version it's called "Apply default audio transition to playhead" but it doesn't work too. Neither when you select both clips, nor between cuts.

By @Skillard

The command you are looking for is Apply Audio Transition. This is the default shortcut, iow Ctrl+Shift+D, and it will apply the default audio transition.

But, you must have the correct audio track targeted otherwise it won´t work. See the attached image for details.

Averdahl_0-1638649634909.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, ctrl-shift-d works fine for me between cuts to do the default audio transition of "constant power". Is that not what you mean?

If you select both clips (they are next to each other) and then hit the ctrl-shift-d sequence, it puts a transition in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if you mean you don't want the transition also applied to the beginning and end of those clips too. If those clips butt up against other clips, it only applies the transition to the join of the two clips you select. If there is an end/beginning of either of those clips then it applies it to there too. I don't think there's a way to do this otherwise though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl-shift-d doesn't work for me. When I check keyboard shortcuts settings there's no option such as "Apply Default Audio transition".  

In a mew version it's called "Apply default audio transition to playhead" but it doesn't work too. Neither when you select both clips, nor between cuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Skillard

The command you are looking for is Apply Audio Transition. This is the default shortcut, iow Ctrl+Shift+D, and it will apply the default audio transition.

But, you must have the correct audio track targeted otherwise it won´t work. See the attached image for details.

Averdahl_0-1638649634909.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it worked. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines