• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying in/out points to a subclip

Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I understand that a subclip is just a shorter segment of a longer video clip as designated by delineating in/out points, so I understand why the following might not work or make sense.  I subclipped about 2 hours of interviews in individual answers. Each of those subclips might have an answer that is 1 to 2 minutes long, but I'm only using about 15-20 seconds from each subclip. So in the past, I would load all of these subclips and place another in/out point inside of the subclip to delineate the shorter soundbyte inside of it. 

So now those in/out points disappear as soon as I load a different subclip on 99% of the clips, but there are still a few subclips that retain the internal in/out points and I have no idea why this works with some of the clips but not most of them.  A subclip is just like any regular clip, so I should be able to put in/out points in them that persist, right?  I've done this in the past but now the behaviour has changed.  Lost about 2 hours worth of work doing this.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

karma,

When PR loads a clip (any clip, subclip or not) that has an in/out point, it adjusts the "zoom" on the viewer so it starts with the inpoint and ends with the outpoint. Just adjust the zoom to see the rest of the clip. And then the in/out markers will show.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: The in/outs are there when the clip is inserted into the Timeline, it's just that Premiere stops displaying them in the Source window. It would be better if they persisted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

karma,

When PR loads a clip (any clip, subclip or not) that has an in/out point, it adjusts the "zoom" on the viewer so it starts with the inpoint and ends with the outpoint. Just adjust the zoom to see the rest of the clip. And then the in/out markers will show.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines