• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying VST to output of all audio channels when editing (not per channel install)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to apply an exapander/limiter audio effect to the master output from Premiere while editing so I can hear some tracks which have volume level dips ( I need to transcribe the audio).  THis effect basically jus tmakes the quiet bits louder so I can hear them.

At the moment I have to go into the audio track of every clip I have to load the VSTs into the track. I'd like to apply this effect to the master output if possible, or get Premiere to load the VST into the audio tracks of any clips autmoatically when they are created, so I don't have to do it for every track/clip I load into the project.

Is there any way to achieve this?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

To repeat: there is no way to make a default VST or other effects setup for a project. Period.

That data is only stored by the individual sequences. All meters you see are ONLY showing the data from the currently active sequence. There is no 'master project' meter or control anywhere.

And they replaced "master" with "mix" ... because of all the modern language stuff going on. That in itself has confused people when their 'Master' channel all of a sudden seemed to disappear.

But "mix" is th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a bus ... with all your tracks patched to that bus. Load the VSTs into that bus. Would that work?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake in the explanation. I need to apply the effect while monitoring al SEQUENCES, not just while monitoring the tracks in each sequences. In other words, when I switch to another sequence in the same project I need the VST working on that too while I'm editing/listening to it.

If I put the tracks into a bus, like your idea, that bus only works for that sequence it seems. If it were possible to automatically create a bus with each new created sequence and automatically route all tracks in those sequences to the bus plus automatically install the VST in the bus that would work, but I don't imagine that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applying a VST effect to the master channel isn't possible then in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can achieve this by routing Premiere's master output through a virtual audio cable and into a VST in a host outside premiere but I'd prefer to do it inside Premiere if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can apply effects to the master or "mix" channel as it's called now. But most people I know don't ... they'd do the bus I suggested.

What you're wanting is a default setup, and no, there isn't a way to set a default list of effects on every sequence. One can of course save a sequence as essentially a template ... in different framesizes and rates if you want. Then drag/drop the template sequence into your project, delete the clip you used as a placeholder, then add your own media.

That is easier if you use the Productions mode of course. As you can have your template sequences project in the Production. With all its assest available for drag/drop into any other project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see a mix channel for each individual sequence though. The sound which comes through that mix channel is the sound from each track in that sequence, is that correct?

I need a VST on the master channel output for the whole Premiere application though (all sequences and all channels), not sequence specific mixes (the master output meter appears on the bottom right of my screen as a panel).  Otherwise I have to go putting the VST on each sequence in the projects.

Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To repeat: there is no way to make a default VST or other effects setup for a project. Period.

That data is only stored by the individual sequences. All meters you see are ONLY showing the data from the currently active sequence. There is no 'master project' meter or control anywhere.

And they replaced "master" with "mix" ... because of all the modern language stuff going on. That in itself has confused people when their 'Master' channel all of a sudden seemed to disappear.

But "mix" is the master for that sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines