• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to Text in Arabic

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that Adobe has some languages included in Speech to Text (Transcribe) feature but not a major language which is used and spoken by over 350 million people which is Arabic? With so many Arabic production features now that are aired and uploaded to many online streaming services, it is CRITICAL that Adobe pays respect to it's users who work in Arabic content/film/TV series.  Now that this request is as important as any new update, it is getting huge attention in the media and NLE users everywhere. So I hope that in the next update 23.1 Premiere Pro will have Arabic included in Speech to Text.

Mod note: Edited for content

Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

I use another site (Sonix), it has an amazing Arabic transcription accuracy, mostly above 90%. Yes, it's a shame that we don't have that option within PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
46 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe provide users with information regarding Arabic language for using the transcript feature? When will you add Arabic language to transcribe Arabic audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for this on the Premiere public beta forum. They have discussed languages there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I checked and searched for Arabic language text to speech/transcribe but didn't find any thread! I wonder if admins read suggestions? We can't send direct email to community managers 😞    Virtual Assistant is useless too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlo,

Yes, it can be hard to find things in the UserVoice system.

I found 3, with very few votes:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45529747-arabic-language

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45269707-arabic-transcript

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45797179-add-arabic-languag...

Upvote each of them. Be sure to mark "Critical." Add a comment to at least one of them encouraging development of speech to text for Arabic.

Just FYI, currently supported languages in the release version of PR (23.0.0) are toward the bottom of this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/speech-to-text.ug.html

In the Beta version (as of 23.1.0 Build 62), there are 4 more languages. I don't know how well they work:

Norwegian

Swedish

Danish

Dutch (Netherlands)

@TeresaDemel 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just voted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. With all due respect to all scandinavian languages, there are over 350 million people who speak Arabic, so I think it is a priority as a language over the new added languages. There should be an Arabic language addition as soon as the new release in 2023.

I wonder if Adobe marketing department or whomever is providing feedback from the community to the senior developers/managers take this suggestion seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlo,

Teresa is the lead staffer working to get more languages 'in'. So in my suggestion, what I meant was that you would go to the current language threads in the public beta forum, and ask for Arabic support.

Sorry that I wasn't clear on that. Those threads over there are meant for discussions like this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly support you, I am surprised why not considering Arabic as the major language in adobe products if they are confused about what Arabic dialect want to support we have no problem starting with traditional Arabic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share or upvote so we can push Adobe to have Arabic transcribe in their next update release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect to have the Arabic language support in Speech to Text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

هنالك اهمال كبير للغة العربية، اضافة النص الى البريمير سوف يؤثر كثيرة على المستخدمين باللغة العربية ويسهل استخدامهم لها

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is crucial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I learned that WISECUT: [link removed] can actually transcribe ARABIC language. So, I do not know why Adobe still is not adding Arabic language to transcribe? ALthough the new version is out and no beta for this is on the horizon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use another site (Sonix), it has an amazing Arabic transcription accuracy, mostly above 90%. Yes, it's a shame that we don't have that option within PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

نعم يجب اضافة خيار اللغة العربية كشيء اساسي لانه هناك العديد من الشركات العربية التى تستخدم البرنامج 
شكراً 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholeheartedly support the inclusion of Arabic in Adobe Premiere Pro's Speech to Text feature. As one of the most widely spoken languages globally, with over 350 million speakers, it's astonishing that Arabic hasn't been considered a priority.

By incorporating Arabic transcription services, Adobe would not only demonstrate its commitment to catering to a diverse range of users but would also undoubtedly expand its customer base, thereby boosting sales and market presence. The media industry in Arabic-speaking regions is growing rapidly, and many professionals in the field rely on top-notch software like Premiere Pro to create high-quality content.

The addition of Arabic in Speech to Text would not only simplify the workflow for these professionals but also reflect Adobe's understanding of the evolving global market. I sincerely hope Adobe takes this request seriously and includes Arabic in the Speech to Text feature in the upcoming updates. Doing so would make a significant difference to users across the Arabic-speaking world and demonstrate Adobe's commitment to embracing linguistic and cultural diversity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohamed Elrashid  and all,

I like that you also posted on the Beta forum; that is where a lot of staff interaction and awareness occurs. The pattern has been that a language gets introduced via the Beta version, with an announcement and a request for feedback. I would not expect to see any language introduced to a release version without activity in the public Beta first.

I have curiosity as to whether Arabic poses special issues for speech to text/text rendering. But that would not prevent implementing it. I liked the comment by@Anas Dokmak regarding the potential dialect issue.

I upvoted this some time ago. I would love to see some kind of status indicated by staff. @Fergus H 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo, thanks for the request. It's great to see that there are 25 upvotes (as of May 11, 2023). As you've seen in our past rollouts of languages, we do tend to introduce them in Beta and get plenty of response on the quality of the transcript before launch. Please tell your colleagues to add to the votes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so critical in a fast-moving edit environment, it has already changed the way editorial happens in English, and I think it would keep a lot of professionals sticking with Premiere as this is a feature that's soooo important

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please add Arabic transcription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Domage qu'Adobe est resté à la traine concernant la transcription audio vers la langue arabe. C'est un marché arabe de plus de 350 millions d'habitants qui lui échappe, en plus d'un autre marché d'un milliard de musulmans qui ont besoin d'accéder d'une façon ou d'une autre à la lague arabe pour des raisons religieuse ou culturelle.

J'espère qu'Adobe s'en saisie de cette opportunité, sachant que la technologie existe et déjà utilisée à grand echelle par les géants du numérique (facebook, Google, ect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe there's no transcription to Arabic yet. It's one of the most common languages in the world!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is so sad adobe hasn't managed to do this yet while there is already free AIs doing this job already .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

بصراحة الامر جدًا غريب كيف لاتهتم ادوبي باضافة اللغة العربية رغم ان جميع المنصات الاخرى تقريبا تدعمها 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

السلام عليكم اخي حسن، اود ان اعرف منك اي برامج او كما اسميتها منصات اخرى تدعم العربية. أنا بصدد التحدث مع فريق تطوير من ادوبي واريد ان اوصل لهم رسالتك

Votes

Translate

Translate