• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are all Nvidia Studio Drivers QA'd by Adobe on Premiere Pro Latest Release?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot is made of using the Studio Driver version versus the Game Ready Drivers that  NVidia are now supporting. Seemed to make a lot of sense but .....

Question -  what testing is done by Adobe on  Premiere Pro reference platforms to QA the latest NVidia SD driver?. Full/Some/None?

I would observe that Studio Drivers seem to be released more frequently, but if you read the release notes (if you have trouble sleeping some nights) then you will still see a lot of stuff relating to loads of Gaming issues. Fixes in the latest 471.11 release list only Games problems - not Creative Software issues?.

Why are we bothering to update these drivers if there is no documented reason?.

They just may give us a headache creating new problems.

I updated to 471.11 and found playback from the timeline (PP 15.2)  is now not as smooth and is 'sticky'.

Tried PP 14.9 and still has same issues. Intel QuickSync still on latest driver.

Looks like I'll go back to the previous release. Anyone else have this issue with 471.11?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been instances where the latest driver was not the best.

Use whichever driver works best.  I only update drivers when I have an issue that needs to be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In many driver releases, the game drivers have had issues while the studio drivers just worked. But not all studio drivers have been workable either. So it's not something I automatically update when Nvidia releases a new driver, but I do pay attention here and elsewhere to see how drivers are working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Both comments make sense.

We always seem to be encouraged by Adobe to use the very latest Studio Drivers from NVidia. Likewise, Intel GPU drivers for Quicksync.

I'm always wondering how new features within PPro might be affected (eg stuff like Hardware Encode/Decode on Nvidia Hardware) might be affected if they are not used.

Might be useful if we had a bit more guidance from Adobe on this.......but that is wishful thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines